Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Low Buck Bum
3,507 Posts
Lots of love for my chosen profession I see. I've been selling cars the past 5 years. Seeing very few of you have had positive experiences with my kind I'll throw a little information out there for you. Used car lots are a whole other beast; I can't speak towards that experience. I do know the majority of their inventory comes from vehicles we discard (either didn't sell or were too rough/ old trade ins)...
I hope everyone took the time to read curtwow's post, he nailed so much of it dead on. A couple things he didn't mention, however, is that sometimes the salesperson is acting on his training/job guidelines. The reason a salesman won't leave you alone on the lot once they come out to talk to you? It's probably because all the salesmen are in a queue and it was this guys turn at a customer. If you walk away he loses his spot in line and has to go to the end. It's a rough way to make a living and it turns decent salesmen into sharks. The lost keys ruse is just that, a ruse. I've had it happen probably four times to me over my lifetime. Usually the vehicle is a loss leader, a nice vehicle with a killer price perfect for an advertisement photo. Truth is, that truck may actually be a turd, or maybe not. It doesn't matter, you do whatever you can to not sell the loss leader. This can happen at a dealership OR on a private used lot.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts