Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...for those that don't know I'm building a 460 to install in my Bronco. I have everything layed out except for the carb. The truck is going to be used on the street as well as off road. I have a spreadsheet of the parts that are going to be used if it will help any of you. My question is what would be a good carburator to use that's works well on the street as well as off road? I don't want to go any smaller than a 650-700cfm. What is everyones opinion? :popc1:

·
Registered
689 Posts
it depends on how hard your building the motor

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
If you have the money and want to spend it, go Holley Truck Avenger. Otherwise, slap on a Quadrajet (thats what I did).

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Use No Carb. EFI that pig.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kenny714 said:
Truck Avenger 670. I built my 460 mostly for low end torque and my builder suggested the 670.
Are you satisfied with the carb.? Does it perform well on the street?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
We just got the motor in a few weekends ago and really havn't tested it out yet. I've had it around the block a few times and so far the responce and pick-up are real nice. I wasn't sure which one to get either, so I went with what my motor guy suggested. He's been building motors for 40+ years so he must know what he's talking about.:shrug Again, my Broncos going to be mainly for wheelin and probably will rarely, if ever, go over 40 MPH.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've got just about 400 miles on the 429 I put in, with the Holley 670cfm Truck Avenger perched on top. It took me several attempts at adjustment to get the mixture just right, but I'm quite happy with it. Passed emissions, plenty of power, etc. Been up to 80mph with no problems. Only thing I haven't done is rev the motor very high yet. I don't have a tach, but I doubt I've been over 3500. Haven't had it off-road yet, but soon....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont run the truck Avenger! but do run the street Avenger and love it! even over my $1000 demon carb! it works perfect on my 400 and did the same on my 460( mild build ) till i dropped a valve! but either way great carb even for someone that dont know much about carbs!

·
Registered
689 Posts
i get 10 mpg with my 460 with a 850 holley

i think thats great

·
Registered
647 Posts
I put a 460 In my 79 F-150, I used a Weind Stealth intake, 2" 4 hole carb spacer, and a edelbrock 750 with electric choke, i also bought the tuning kit for $45 bucks after a few spring and metering rod changes i love how it acts and doesn't seem to be getting to bad of mileage. really quick to adjust and get set up for your needs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts