Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the first issue is cold start. In the mornings or after sitting for a few hours after being shut off I have to manually idle the truck with the gas pedal till it warms up then it idles on it's own. The vacuum lines are old and cracking and there's a slight whisle when I accelerate so there might be vacuum leak causing it or possibly the electric choke I'm just not sure how to check it.

Now onto the C6. When I place it in Drive the transmission doesn't upshift. Then when I upshift manually into second it shifts hard. And when I start off in first gear and manually upshift to second it shifts nice and smooth. I don't think its the transmission because I checked the tranny oil and it's still pink and doesn't smell burnt. It's probably something simple but I'm not sure where to start.
Help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK3fz_kc4J0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
well your saying you have a vacuum leak, the C6 uses vacuum, I would fix all your vacuum leaks and go from there before doing anything else.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll just try replacing every vacuum line because I'm not sure how to check which one is leaking. Time to google up some diagrams

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
you should not need diagrams unless your missing a bunch of stuff.

Go buy a bunch of vacuum hose and just replace one at a time, just be sure none have broken off completely before you start so your not confused on what went where.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck came with some lines plugged off the carb. The truck was running fine until recently so I'm guessing it just cracked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts