Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Carcass is about complete, I got the rig over to the sand and gravel yard and weighed it. The scales are certified but they don't charge if you write down the weights yourself. Gotta love a freebie! It came in a littel under 5,655lbs and was 155lbs lighter in the rear. It was weighed with parts (four large ammo cans behnd the seats), tools, full tank of gas, and spare tire. I would only add an ice chest, the family and perhaps camping gear. That would take it over 6,000 easily.

Me thinks it is OK for being fully exo caged, 1 ton axled, 40" tired, NP205/Klune-V'ed F'Ugly POS!

When the kid is out of the house it will get bobbed and 4 linked. For now, I need the single seat and space for gear back there.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
35 spline semi float :duh close but not quite

I cant believe that thing weighs the same amount as my truck

edit: too slow
Ah so! When I get da Spidertax housing and if I went with fullfloaters then you'd condider it a 1 ton??????? I'm not worried about carrying capacity but the torque I can put through it.

Who's got big ass tires, 351 block, doubler, and roll cage? Tryin' to get a wieght on a full bodied rig for point of comparison for this POS.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,875 Posts
Ah so! When I get da Spidertax housing and if I went with fullfloaters then you'd condider it a 1 ton??????? I'm not worried about carrying capacity but the torque I can put through it.

Who's got big ass tires, 351 block, doubler, and roll cage? Tryin' to get a wieght on a full bodied rig for point of comparison for this POS.
no doubler but solid steel front and rear bumpers, need to take mine to the local scale some day to see what it weighs.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Swat

do cops every pull you over and hassle you as to what it is ?

I have a buddy with a T-bucket with a built 440 in it and they're all over him as it's registered as a 59' Buick (it had a nailhead Buick engine in it, when he built it, so he registered it as the donor car at the time).

Good going on the diet and the front/rear weight distribution ratio :thumbup

Sixlitre

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
take it to melrose or independence trail I want to see what it can do....
I want to hit Indy, Carnage Buena Vista, and Rangley eventually. Plus MOAB is ony about 5 hours form here.

Why on earth would you also need to bob it?
No need, but I'd like to move the gas tank forward or put in a fuel cell and loose more weight making it a big two seater. I also know I could cut 6" off of the front by reworking it. Both of those efforts would leave only tire front and rear and 90 degree departure/approach angles!

Swat

do cops every pull you over and hassle you as to what it is ?

Good going on the diet and the front/rear weight distribution ratio :thumbup

Sixlitre
I have not been pulled over once in the three years since I hacked it up. Crawlorado does not have much on the books regarding wheelers. Denver has a fender law but not the state and it meets the few requirement that we do have here.:beer

Thanks, Placing the spare tire way back, keeping the gas tank there, and two batteries under the rear helped with weight distribution.

·
is hazardous to others
1,658 Posts
my pickup, 351M C6 203/205 doubler and one tons with 42s scailed in at 6400 pounds when i entered it in the truck pulls... so that thing you got is kinda heavy for what it is i think....

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my pickup, 351M C6 203/205 doubler and one tons with 42s scailed in at 6400 pounds when i entered it in the truck pulls... so that thing you got is kinda heavy for what it is i think....
Must be the exo. I cut off a lot of weight but put it back on. I may measure-out the pipe and get an estimate of the weight on it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I know on our certified scales at work it came in at 5200lbs. 302, zf, 1356, D60 and sterling. I've got a fullsize spare with a heavy rear bumper and a square tube front bumper + full cage. I wasn't fully loaded, prolly about 1/2 loaded.

If anyone in SoCal wants to get some weights, send me a PM and we'll set up a time.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's a big bitch... I think Acepaul's came in somewhere around 4850 lbs, looks better, and prolly works better.

But hey, if you like it...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a big bitch... I think Acepaul's came in somewhere around 4850 lbs, looks better, and prolly works better.

But hey, if you like it...
Acepaul has done a great job, however it has no or very little body and that is the weight difference. I got a four season rig which is needed here in Colorado. I removed wieght to compensate for the addition of the exo. As for your opinion that it would wheel better, who knows? Mine has a better departure angle fo sho. The Carcass is street legal here and I drive it daily now. The windsheild is nice. I wonder if he gets bugs in his teeth?

Sweet rig Acepaul! I know all the work that has gone into it:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.