Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What? You mean all Broncos ever built aren't exactly like mine? :toothless

Oops. Apologies for the misdirection. Glad you didn't cut any holes yet.
See... How'd you miss that! Totally coulda cut up my rig unnecessarily :histerica then I would had to track u down and :fishead

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,637 Posts
Well, I'd pass it off as easy access for pick-up or float issues, or prep for the day you upgrade to efi. Yeah, that's it. You'd be ready for an efi swap.

Good thing JScatt saved us. I'd hate to have someone track me down & bloody my head with a fish.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
issues, or prep for the day you upgrade to efi. Yeah, that's it. You'd be ready for an efi swap.
:histerica:histerica:histerica
Went pre 86 cause I didn't want efi

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,637 Posts
But efi will run upside down. Although, most of us don't quite have the traction to pull that off. So...yeah...uhh...like I said...easy access for pick-up or float issues. :toothless

Genuinely glad the goof was caught. Getting salmon faced sounds like no fun at all.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
@BroncMom - It's ok... I used to fear the complication of EFI myself. Turns out, it's not nearly as intimidating as I thought but then, neither are a lot of other things... the older I get. :toothless
@CDA 455 - I appreciate that you noticed. I'm kinda OCD and as Andrew mentioned, I did get my A.A.S. in AutoBody when I was still a kid. Sadly... I look at it and immediately see the spot that's NOT perfectly straight. On that cut, I used a hole-saw on the corners to maintain the strength of the cuts from fatigue over time. Then I measured and snapped a jig-saw blade, so it would cut completely though the ribbed floor but wouldn't penetrate any deeper than 1/2" at full extension. After that... I just followed the lines I'd measured out and marked on the floor. There's no way in hell I could have cut it that clean and straight with a nibbler.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I think it was 100 bucks, new at tractor supply. I got one for an 8ft bed to have plenty of room for customization. The extra that gets cut off one end makes a nice floor mat for the garage. And little cut offs are great for little rubber feet for things around the shop.

The rubber does off-gas for a little while. Smells like you're hauling a couple brand new tires. But most gearheads love that smell anyways
I'm always sniffing for fresh tires and new car scent. It's addicting. :cry

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
@BroncMom - It's ok... I used to fear the complication of EFI myself. Turns out, it's not nearly as intimidating as I thought but then, neither are a lot of other things... the older I get. :toothless.
Not afraid of efi... Just the simpler the better imo @BikerPepe`

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Was reading through the Eastwood catalogue and see they have a product called Rust Encapsulator Platinum and their Original Rust Encapsulator. Brush or spray on. They brag on it big time in the catalog. I’ve never used it but just used their Plastic Resurfacer this weekend and very impressed. Eastwood.com. Nice work cleaning her out.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Was reading through the Eastwood catalogue and see they have a product called Rust Encapsulator Platinum and their Original Rust Encapsulator. Brush or spray on. They brag on it big time in the catalog. I’ve never used it but just used their Plastic Resurfacer this weekend and very impressed. Eastwood.com. Nice work cleaning her out.
Hey @Frank Lanzisera was following your work this weekend with the plastics resto. Turned out really nice. Tell me more about this rust encapsulator? Would that be something to use more like a primer before I put on the monstaliner or instead of... Would u happen to have a link to the stuff u speak of?... And thank u... She made it pretty easy cleaning her out with as decent of shape that she's in, once u peeled back the few layers of crud in there... Altho she's full of hay now from a hay run for the rabbitry today :madder: ... But at least the bunnies are happy :histerica and I made a Mopar guy go "oooooh" at the farm (that made it all worth it), then I started her, and I could swear I saw a lil tear in his eye :histerica

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Hey @Frank Lanzisera was following your work this weekend with the plastics resto. Turned out really nice. Tell me more about this rust encapsulator? Would that be something to use more like a primer before I put on the monstaliner or instead of... Would u happen to have a link to the stuff u speak of?... And thank u... She made it pretty easy cleaning her out with as decent of shape that she's in, once u peeled back the few layers of crud in there... Altho she's full of hay now from a hay run for the rabbitry today :madder: ... But at least the bunnies are happy :histerica and I made a Mopar guy go "oooooh" at the farm (that made it all worth it), then I started her, and I could swear I saw a lil tear in his eye :histerica
Not sure if you could put the monstaliner over it but you can topcoat it so maybe. If you go to Eastwood.com click on the rust solutions tab there is a good video on the product. Once you prep your work area, as you’re doing, you can brush, roll or spray the product on. It can then be top coated.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,565 Posts
Think about putting a diamond plated steel/aluminum box in the back to organize things.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Think about putting a diamond plated steel/aluminum box in the back to organize things.
Hey @MikeW That might be a bit much for me. Already an interior mount spare tire and a box speaker & amp back there. Plus my bug out bag so pretty full back there rn.

·
Forward Some Money
5,013 Posts
That funky piece of cardboard with the cardboard strips...…

I used the old piece to cut a template for a new top from luan plywood.
As far as the cardboard strips, I used free paint stir sticks (5 gallon bucket size)…. worked VERY well and saved me from making my own.
Laid them in the "valleys" cutting/fitting where necessary. Applied wood glue to the top of the strips, laid the new top on it, weighted it down and hit it with a construction stapler to hold the strips in place. Painted it ….and done. Later, cut it out for my f/p access panel

21 - 40 of 45 Posts