Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 f-150 4x4 5.8 e4od 05 F250 axles w/4:10's lifted/modded owned since 97 w/28K
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a new addition to the F-150 but would work out for the bronco too. Without the ice chest the tailgate can drop without hitting it.
It's decked with stained cedar planks for fence.

cost was zero dollars

everything was made with stuff I had laying around, from the steel leftovers from metal crates, reciever 90* i found on the side of the road, pile of old cedar fence wood, to two types of polyurethane paint mixed together left from another job as well as stain, screws etc.......not perfect but functional, under the water hoses are stainless bolts threaded into welded nuts on the backside for if i need some sort of custom tie down, it can be threaded and unthreaded.

Land vehicle Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Plant Tree Motor vehicle Shade Wheel

Reactions: MojoJojo

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,649 Posts
Nice, you must put some REALLY HEAVY fish in that cooler that looks like it could hold a bronco front end!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
you know, whatching it with my backup camera, that thing bounces around alot more than i would have thought, im glad i beefed it up lol.......plus if i take it offroading with a full load, makes me feel better. i needed it raised higher than the reciever for ground clearance but not too high that my tailgate will hit it, when empty.

lol that ice chest was an experiement made from a left over cooler we got food in one time, wrapped with excess foil board i had laying around, taped with foil tape for a/c ducts. it actually keeps stuff colder/longer than any other cooler i have, im guessing from the reflective properties and all the stickers my kids put on it.

you can almost see the red bull exhaust tip my kids made lol

the most difficult part of building it was what is actually level, so i had to park in the street to get whats level and mark it because my welder wont reach that far. luckily i live in a one way in/out neighborhood and all my neighbors are retired, so i have sever fully staffed watchdogs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if anybody needs details and dimensions, just shoot me a pm. my back is loving this thing, and the tailgate does not hit it!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's nice, much fancier than the one I made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts