Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what years Ford put cargo covers for the back area? i have a 93, and i found a cargo cover in great shape. my truck doesn't seem to have the slots for attaching it. i would like to remove the top, but i don't want people seeing my expensive stereo equipment in the back. if i know the year it was offered, i can get the interior panels with the correct mounting hardware.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I have the tracks for the cargo cover in my 94

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't see anything that looks like it, the front of the cargo shade needs slots, and the back needs holes. hmmm maybe it was an option or different on the eddie bauers. where are they on the 94's?

·
Registered
13,875 Posts
they are just grooves in the back panels that stretch from the back seat to the gate

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, excellent info steve, do you think i would be ok if i just dremeled it out, and reinforced my existing panels with something?

Pete

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Bolt your box to the floor through the inside of the speaker box...only problem is if someone tries to steal it and cant get it out they probably will slice the speakers...just build a custom box that has them hidden...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmmm, maybe. i have a pro bass box that was very expensive, so i'm kinda reluctant to cut ot or trash it, thatnks for the tip though. I used to have a dakota x-cab that had a box w/ 4 12's in the back seat. the box was bolted to the frame with anti-theft bolts, and that didn't stop the thief. if they want it bad enough, they're gonna get it anyway.........

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, of course, but if i can't see you have something, how do i kow you have it? besides, i don't want to leave the top off permanently, just for a weekend here and there.

Pete

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's actually just a vinyl cloth that matches the interior. it's on one of those spring loaded reel things. hey you go to school in rochester? that's where i'm from. did you ever go to the bog n grog in sodus? they usually hold it in september at the fire house. they have 4 VERY muddy paths to play in, it's quite well organized, and loads of fun. I used to tale my Toyota T-100 through it, got it through ok, but a couple of the paths are deep enough to swallow big rigs.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,273 Posts
yeah, one of the first thigns i noticed when i got mt bronco were the slots for the cover...but i dont have one...does anyone know where to get ones...or a company that makes an aftermakket one that will fit?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found mine on ebay, i paid 30 bucks plus 25 shipping. here is the auction number, copy it, and paste it into the search box. you can view the auction even though it's closed. ebay auction# 8040503072

Pete

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Yeah my grandfathers 94 XLT has it. Gotta have the exterior tire though.

I've always wondered about his trim options though. Has the fancy rearview mirror and sun visor mirror lights, but the dome light is the plane bulb with no map lights.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
coasty. i go to RIT. but i just got my bronco last winter. so i haven't gone to any events because i really don't know where anythign is around here. i'll have to look up sodus. see if i can get there next year. you wouldn't know of anywhere to go 4wheelin around rochester would you?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts