Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Project STINKY Superviser
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing carpet SUCKS. The old factory carpet need to be tossed to I ripped it all out, buffed the floor and painted. Figured I went that far might as well put in carpet.........no not a carpet kit,my stupid ass bought regular carpet. $75 fer 15' of carpet and carpet padding.

Anyways It was hell trying to even it all out. I think its the best that can be done w/o buying a carpet kit.

AHHH No rust:thumbup

Buffed and painted

Carpet padding

Then carpet

Needs a vacuum job

Still need to finish the back tonight

Oh yea, I highly reccomend you buy a carpet kit:toothless

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
The dumb fawk who had my truck before me put in house carpet....Looks like shit. I need to get a kit one day and replace all the carpet and padding. Cant wait..:brownbag

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drilim said:
The dumb fawk who had my truck before me put in house carpet....Looks like shit. I need to get a kit one day and replace all the carpet and padding. Cant wait..:brownbag
Yea house carpet sux, I bought the outdoor carpet stuff, thin and tuff.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Did you use any spray adhesive on that? Granted, a 15' roll of carpet sucks to work with, but with a little patience, spray glue, and alot of cutting and trimming, it can turn out to be fairly decent

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No glue, used self tapping screws. Plan on buying a carpet kit later..........I hate having improfections:twak I looks great at first sight but I know where all the flaws are and its killing me:banghead

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
My F150 had plan carpet in it.....:twak :twak :twak whoever put it in. It would get caught between my feet and peddles, it had lumps where it wouldn't stay put. So I brought a molded carpet kit for the truck. Dropped it right in and I'm very pleased. Took me about 30 minutes. That's with the F-150 though. May be just a little bit longer with the bronco.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Does anyone know where i could order a carpet kit in EB tan and be done with it? Im to lazy to search.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When you put in in the carpet kit, will you leave the padding down or take it out? Did you use adhesive when you put down the padding? What did you paint the floor with? Looks pretty good to me.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indybronco said:
When you put in in the carpet kit, will you leave the padding down or take it out? Did you use adhesive when you put down the padding? What did you paint the floor with? Looks pretty good to me.
Depends if the kit has padding......

sheet metal screws

spray paint....the good stuff (3 bucks a can:toothless )

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
By the way Nameless, I just noticed the Dewalt.....Good choice.

Have my 18v 1/2" hammer....Love it so far. Drilled through everything from kevlar and 3/16 steel to mahogany and cherry wood. Ive very happy with it. You like yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts