Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Stainless Carr Rota Light Bar and 5 6" 130 Watt Stainless Steel Long Range Pro Comp lights. I haven't mounted it yet cause i have to buy the security bolt allen head. Tell me what you think. Personally i think it turned out SWEET!

-Curtis-

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've been wanting to get some lights mounted for a long time, it makes the truck look a lot more "built-for-use" in my opinion, especially if you like the desert race look. Well done, it'll really enhance the truck in my eyes. :rockon

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i think it looks good as well. I want to get some lights like that for mine instead of the cheapos that i got on there now. but i kind of like the cheapos though. anywho looks good here is mine

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, did you out bid me on Ebay????

Haha probably since that is where i found it. And technically i didn't outbid you......Snipeswipe did. lol It was in Longwood, Florida.

Imlikeoj,
I saw yours and im like yep i like the look and went for it. I wanted all stainless and thats what i got. Also where did you get your security bit.

-Curtis-

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
Just bought a new Stainless Carr Rota Light Bar and 5 6" 130 Watt Stainless Steel Long Range Pro Comp lights. I haven't mounted it yet cause i have to buy the security bolt allen head. Tell me what you think. Personally i think it turned out SWEET!

-Curtis-

:shocked thats identical to my 95 F150, its almost the same truck:shocked

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i got the security torx bit in a kit from Harbor freight. i paid like 4.99 for it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
lol, it happens. I'm glad you got them though!! Looks good! You should post a picture of them folded down. :thumbup

·
Registered
759 Posts
it didnt come with the tool? was it a used bar? i have the power coated black one with 2 lights atm and 2 more that need to be put on.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
To be honest, I don't like the light bars that much on trucks. If I was to mount top lights on mine, I would use a headache rack.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's the kind that rolls down out of harms way right?
Yep, you loosen an allen bolt on each side and it rolls forward or backwards 90 degrees then you tighten the bolts.

i got the security torx bit in a kit from Harbor freight. i paid like 4.99 for it.
Ok. Even though it's an allen head i used a torx.

how much did that setup set you back?
$270. All stainless and never been mounted on a truck. If i had bought it new the bar is $237 plus shipping and lights are $40 a piece. So i stole it.

lol, it happens. I'm glad you got them though!! Looks good! You should post a picture of them folded down. :thumbup
Sorry man. The last person i would expect to be bidding against would be a fellow FSB member. :twak I will say though to keep looking dude. It is an awesome setup that is stout. I can shake the truck with the bar.

it didnt come with the tool? was it a used bar? i have the power coated black one with 2 lights atm and 2 more that need to be put on.
No i bought it used/new so no tool.

To be honest, I don't like the light bars that much on trucks. If I was to mount top lights on mine, I would use a headache rack.
Personally i don't like headache racks. Plus i have the LED 3rd brake light so that would get covered. I thought about going with a classy roll bar but i love the way this setup turned out. I was optimistic when bidding on how it would look.

-Curtis-

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have the Carr Rotata-bar in black as well, rock solid for almost 5 yrs now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts