Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Costco has their 5w30 Mobil One case of 6 quarts on sale with coupon for 24 bucks. Normal price 33 coupon is 9 bucks off. I grabbed coupon at desk if you didn't get one in mail.:thumbup

They also have 10w30 and 10w40, but I think Ford recommends 5w30 for bronco's.

FYI I think deal ends around june 6

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Good deal! I still have two cases of Mobil1 5w30 sitting in my garage from the last time they ran that deal :rofl: . I guess I should drive around more.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Wifes car got around 3 mpg better with Royal Purple over Mobil1. At the regular price, one tank of gas more than makes up the difference.
My truck on the other hand......would cost more to go get the sale price since Costco is so far away :-(

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
There's no way royal purple improved mileage by 3mpg. I wouldn't believe it. More than likely you were testing results and driving in a different fashion. Anyway..even if you are right I just get mobil 1 5-20 in the jugs at wal mart for 22 bucks. The problem is, they are always out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no way royal purple improved mileage by 3mpg. I wouldn't believe it. More than likely you were testing results and driving in a different fashion. Anyway..even if you are right I just get mobil 1 5-20 in the jugs at wal mart for 22 bucks. The problem is, they are always out of it.
You should have seen the Trucks episode when stacy david emptied all fluids except brake, and put back Royal Purple. Increases torque and HP by a lot by just changing fluids.

This test shows a 1mpg increase using RP

another forum mentions the test

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
There's no way
Way.

Wasn't me driving, it was my wife. Regular commute to work.
2002 Focus 2.2l w/ 5 speed.

Next step, transmission fluid will be changed to a quality synthetic.

In 07 I bought an 05 Monte Carlo w/ 22k on it (3.9l) Got around 21mpg.
Changed to synthetic oil (Valvoline Syntec) synthetic transmission fluid, better plugs, wires, K&N filter & when it got totaled @ 235k mi I was getting 26mpg.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That's nuts. I'm not oil expert obviously but I've read on multiple forums that royal purple is no good for daily drivers for one reason or another. You never know who to believe anymore though.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Just reporting what I've experienced Eric. That was in my wifes car. I did try it out in my '90 K1500/350ci & it didn't do much at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts