Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im doing a lawn near a bus stop today and find 3 $100 peso coins and a $5 one. I looked up the exchange rate and this comes to about $28 USD. Anyone know where I can cash these in?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
any bank
airport
taco bell

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
That reminds me. I have a 2000-peso (Dos Mil?) bill back home. Found it on the floor while I was in high school. Figger'd it was nearly worthless at the time but the artwork was cool enough to hang onto. Must've been dropped by one of the migrant worker family members. :D

I'd say an airport would be a great place to try.

·
Registered
111 Posts
willjones4

That avatar if frigen hilarious. I laughed out loud when I saw it.

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
Is that $28 total, Or per coin?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
28 total

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well now I know why the person who dropped these left them. Turns out the peso was devalued and then replaced by the "new peso" in 1993. Pesos dated before then are worthless. Oh well, my kid likes to play with them in his toy cash register. :doh0715:

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
No wonder they're all coming up here. :rofl:

Seriously, can you imagine if we just said "F it" with our money system and started over? Meh, mebbe we're headed that way. :brownbag

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well now I know why the person who dropped these left them. Turns out the peso was devalued and then replaced by the "new peso" in 1993. Pesos dated before then are worthless. Oh well, my kid likes to play with them in his toy cash register. :doh0715:
no they are not worthless....maybe not worth the hassle to cash for dollars..
whoever told you the devaluation story should also have mentioned that those "new" pesos were just a transition...because the currency went back to the name of pesos after that..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts