Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yep somebody been doing gorilla snot welding. Appears it was a crack from either freezing or overheating. Unless it was welded correctly then it will continue cracking. It appears it hasn't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sorta figured. It is on par with the bailing wire repairs I keep running into on this rig.

I caught it when I noticed that 6 of the 16 exhaust manifold bolts were snapped off. Lol. She has been getting a progressively louder exhaust leak Since i bought it.

I guess I am going to run her until she dies, meanwhile I will source another engine to rebuild

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,508 Posts
If they did that with the engine in truck, it is actually impressive. I give that person a "like" if anything for the effort of even attempting to fix that, and with the lack or leakage looks like they may have been succesful, though maybe not pretty. I'd call it a win if It was mine

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ironically - there is a good amount of casting flash on the untouched '96 302 I pulled to go through and put in the '95. I spent more than a few minutes wondering just why this 'dirt' was so damn stubborn when I was cleaning the short block.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they did that with the engine in truck, it is actually impressive. I give that person a "like" if anything for the effort of even attempting to fix that, and with the lack or leakage looks like they may have been succesful, though maybe not pretty. I'd call it a win if It was mine

Agreed on that.

I have not done a compression test yet. I'm curious what that cylinder reads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts