Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a flow master on my 93 bronco 5.8L today and my buddy told me to take off the cat.

i hear rumors that the broncos have 2 cats?

what i want to know is would it be better to take off the cat(s)? or just buy a new one?

if i should buy new one could you post the ebay link for it? and also the size i need?

thanks,
Xero

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Your buddy is an idiot. Search a little on these forums, as we've covered almost every conceivable exhaust setup known for these trucks. To the point, yes your truck should have two converter beds from the factory: the first is either a regular TWC (three-way catalyst) or reduction bed, the second a COC (conventional oxidation catalyst). Typical practice is to replace both with a single TWC rated for the vehicle's engine size and GVW.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your buddy is an idiot. Search a little on these forums, as we've covered almost every conceivable exhaust setup known for these trucks. To the point, yes your truck should have two converter beds from the factory: the first is either a regular TWC (three-way catalyst) or reduction bed, the second a COC (conventional oxidation catalyst). Typical practice is to replace both with a single TWC rated for the vehicle's engine size and GVW.
i will fully second you on the fact that my buddy is an idiot.
he was about to go to town on it till i stopped it.

but i want to replace both with a good one. could you tell me what kind id need?

·
Registered
274 Posts
i will fully second you on the fact that my buddy is an idiot.
he was about to go to town on it till i stopped it.

but i want to replace both with a good one. could you tell me what kind id need?
Don't toss your old converters...you can get about $150 for them on eBay if you list them correctly. Then search on here for "Bassani" and "Catco". Catco is the eBay converter most seem to use. Also check out these threads:

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73629&highlight=mpg

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73629&highlight=mpg

And...you'll catch hell on here if you keep asking questions without searching. Spend 2-3 nights searching for different key words relating to your project and there is a 99% chance you'll find out almost everything you need to know. Make a Bronco folder in your favorits and start bookmarking....

Derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.