Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of right now i am running stock headers w/ 2 stock cat. converters into new tubing with a flowmaster super 40 muffler and dual tips out the back

i am considering replacing my 2 stock cats w/ one high-flow one and new piping

my question regards sound...i want a deep low rumble...my flowmaster gets the aggressive sound but is kinda high

wil replacing my 2 cats w/ one make that sound difference?
and if so are there ones that make a lower sound that others? which brands?

this is a link to where you can listen to sound clips like i want mine to sound like:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60579&highlight=exhaust+sound+clip

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I just took off the second cat. and didn't run any muffler. It's not that loud and sounds really nice, plus it still passes emissions.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,220 Posts
of the 40's ive heard and the two i own... without cats they are deeper at low rpm but if you sep on it a little a higher tone comes. ive also heard a chevy...blah chevy but it had them im not sure if it had cats it sounded pretty good too but it also got a higher tone at higher rpm maybe you could ask the guys at summit racing they know that kind of stuff

·
Registered
104 Posts
11jdsummerfield said:
I just took off the second cat. and didn't run any muffler. It's not that loud and sounds really nice, plus it still passes emissions.
You removed everything after the 1st cat! So there is nothing but pipe from that point. How loud is that??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts