Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to delete the cat as I have no emissions testing in Bend Oregon . On some rigs if you delete the cats the Oxygen sensors cant function because the exhaust vapors move by to fast.
This run true for 90 fords with 302 ?

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
dont do it, suck it up and leave the cat, or put a highflow in its place...

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
your o2 sensor will most likely throw a code, you'll get crappier mileage because of said code, you'll have to deal with crapoline fumes, and you'll have less power

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 1994 ford bronco and I cut the cats oped and took them out then welded them back. The o2 sensor on mine was before the cats so it didn't throw a code and I got better gas miliege. Just my 2 cents. I also had a 1995 mustang gt with the 5.0l and bought an offroad H-pipe with no cats and it didn't throw a code either. My experience has been as long as the vehicle is OBDI then it's alright.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 1994 ford bronco and I cut the cats oped and took them out then welded them back. The o2 sensor on mine was before the cats so it didn't throw a code and I got better gas miliege. Just my 2 cents. I also had a 1995 mustang gt with the 5.0l and bought an offroad H-pipe with no cats and it didn't throw a code either. My experience has been as long as the vehicle is OBDI then it's alright.
I'm not sure this is the best advice. Infact it sounds like something I would have said when I was 16.

You can remove the catalytic converters that are after the O2 sensor and you shouldn't affect how the vehicle runs. Your vehicle will run rich if you remove the catalytic converters in front of the O2 sensor. If your vehicle is running rich you will lose efficiency, power, and smell bad and sometimes your exhaust will gain a raspy note to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts