Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get in any pointers looking to do a project got an old c7 sitting in the garage I want to use

·
Registered
1992 Eb Bronco 3” lift on 33’s
34 Posts
You sure it will fit? If you can get it to fit i would swap a straight axle and springs out of the same era f350. The c7 out weighs the 7.3 by like 600 lbs. it’s close to 1500 lbs with oil in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Few more thoughts. You will also have to redo the the fuel system prolly keep your stock tank but put a bd sump and fass fuel system,kill the power to your pump in the tank but keep sending unit, i don’t know of an adapter plate to go from a c7 to the bronco trans, if you run an Eaton or something like that i am not sure how much room you will have for a drive shaft they are already really short, also you will probably have to do a big body lift to fit engine.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,650 Posts
There are a few 90s ford pickups running around youtube with cat 3208s in em. Thats about all the help i can give

·
Registered
23 Posts
:oops: Wow. Yesterday I was looking at a Cummins ISM (we have about 8 of them sitting out back at work) and I asked a mechanic how hard it would be to drop one in a Bronco. He didn't seem to think it was possible and thought I was a moron for suggesting it. But if somebody put a 3208 in a Pickup, I would say it is. Which leads me to the point that a Detroit series 60 ought to do nicely :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
:oops: Wow. Yesterday I was looking at a Cummins ISM (we have about 8 of them sitting out back at work) and I asked a mechanic how hard it would be to drop one in a Bronco. He didn't seem to think it was possible and thought I was a moron for suggesting it. But if somebody put a 3208 in a Pickup, I would say it is. Which leads me to the point that a Detroit series 60 ought to do nicely :D
Anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough. Personally you can get more hp and decent tq numbers out of a 12v 6bt and the parts are available to do it and it’s been done.

·
Super Moderator
28,258 Posts
Yo Revlak,
Welcome!
Engine SpecEngine Data
Minimum Power225 hp, 520 lbs-ft torque
Maximum Power300 hp, 925 lbs-ft torque
RPMs1800-2200 RPMs
Emissions RatingsU.S. EPA Tier 3 Equivalent, China Stage II, EU Stage IIIA Equivalent
Engine ConfigurationInline 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
Bore4.33 in
Stroke5.0 in
Displacement7.2 L
AspirationTurbocharged Aftercooled
Compression Ratio16.2:1
Combustion SystemDirect Injection
RotationCounter Clockwise
Fuel SystemHEUI Injection, ACERT Technology
Computer SystemADEM A4 Electronic Control Unit
Dry Weight1296 lbs.
Height40.6 in
Length41.5 in
Width29.8 in
Which year Bronco do you have?
See How to add your Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

1 - 8 of 8 Posts