Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. Due to the insatiable greed of the state of Colorado I have to put my truck through emmisions.. heres my question when I bought it the guy said that he put some Glasspacks on it... true to his word thats whats underneath it whats not under it are the CAT's... did the 85 come with CAT's?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thats right they did have cats and all the smog stuff...I'm going threw the samething as u right now i have to redo my exzaust and pot the smog stuff on it...Dam it sucks!!!!

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Gunner69 said:
Ok.. Due to the insatiable greed of the state of Colorado I have to put my truck through emmisions.. heres my question when I bought it the guy said that he put some Glasspacks on it... true to his word thats whats underneath it whats not under it are the CAT's... did the 85 come with CAT's?
They sure did. You will probably have more to restore than the cats. Is the air pump still there? This is the emissions system you will probably need install if they check everything. It will probably look sort of like this when finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gunner69 said:
are you sure you dont need just safety. 20years old. grandfather law or some crap in new york anyway.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
equivalent said:
are you sure you dont need just safety. 20years old. grandfather law or some crap in new york anyway.

nNope full emissions...sucks...guess thats gonna put a dent in my upgrade budget....

And yes the smog pump and all the other stuff is there so I'll throw some auniversal cats on it and see what happens

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just do like we do here in NJ..........take the truck to a place where you know the guy that does the state inspections and grease him like $100 to put a sticker on......done deal......good for another 2 years!

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
Streetgang said:
Just do like we do here in NJ..........take the truck to a place where you know the guy that does the state inspections and grease him like $100 to put a sticker on......done deal......good for another 2 years!
our emmissions test only costs $25 in the first place.

get a high flow cat on that truck and tuner her up. you will pass emissions. the cats are good for the envrionment anyhow.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
our emmissions test only costs $25 in the first place.

get a high flow cat on that truck and tuner her up. you will pass emissions. the cats are good for the envrionment anyhow.
In New Jersey all the tests are free....and given at state inspection stations. There are also private "re-inspection" places that are state authorized......where they can fix whatever problem was found at the state station......and issue you a good sticker to replace the FAIL sticker you got at the state place.

If you just bypass the state station and go direct to the reinspect place and "buy" a sticker for $100.......you could save quite a bit.....say if you have emission related faults, and need a lot of work to get everything within specs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts