Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L,Trailer Tow Package, Tilt Steering Wheel, Rear Torsion Bar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to replace the catalytic converter on my Bronco. On the "Good", "Better", "Best" scale I figure that I can afford the "Better'. I''ve got a NAPA store right down the street. Do they offer a direct fit "better" choice? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you are replacing the original catalytic converter, pretty much any replacement is going to be an improvement. Catalytic converter technology has improved greatly since the mid 90s, anything above the bottom-of-the-barrel cheapo grade should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
26,984 Posts
Yo Richard,
Consider WALKER ULTRA CONVERTERS
Walker was Exhaust OEM for our Broncos

• EPA Compliant: Premium direct-fit and universal converters for OBDII vehicles (1996 and newer)
  • Keeps Check Engine Light Off for Emissions Codes: OE style high-technology washcoat and optimal precious metal load delivers required reduction in tailpipe emission to match vehicle application
  • Direct-Fit Design*: Bolt-on replacement solution with OE-style hangers, brackets, routings, and heat shields for easy installation and doesn’t require fabrication or welding
  • Doesn’t Require Break-In: Ready to operate with application-specific converter shell design and mat compression
  • Strong and Durable – Features thick OE-style flanges, hangers, and brackets for strength and stainless-steel body with aluminized pipe and heat shields for durability

*For direct-fit units only
EMISSIONS WARRANTY
25,000 MI (40,000 KM)
STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
5 YEAR / 50,000 MI (80,000 KM)

BUY NOW

Reactions: Rspasoje
1 - 3 of 3 Posts