Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Explorer driving
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went around today to see how much a new cat would cost. (My 93 only has the front cat). I was given prices anywhere from 175 to 650 bucks. And that is strictly to replace the ONE cat, nothing else.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
you can cut your old cat out- order a high-flow cat offline- and bolt it in/weld it yourself...deffinatly not hard to do.
i think my 89 has the cats clamped on...not sure though.
that sounds about right with parts and labor considering that the cat. is probably 50-75...
ace

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
mobronco93 said:
Went around today to see how much a new cat would cost. (My 93 only has the front cat). I was given prices anywhere from 175 to 650 bucks. And that is strictly to replace the ONE cat, nothing else.

I got a universal one from summit for $50 here is the part number 6906 If memory serve me right have past emmisions with it. - Bob

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
you live in missouri just gut the one you have on run a tube threw it and be on with life

1) missouri dosent test odd year vehicles for emissoins
2) missouri states you have to have one, but it dosent say it has to be functional

im running both trucks this way and both pass inspection

·
Explorer driving
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big_Sean said:
you live in missouri just gut the one you have on run a tube threw it and be on with life

1) missouri dosent test odd year vehicles for emissoins
2) missouri states you have to have one, but it dosent say it has to be functional

im running both trucks this way and both pass inspection
I'd do that but don't have the tools necessary nor do I know anyone who'd do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 85 GT had the guts punched out by a local at a brake shop. It ran me 25 bucks and a six pack. That pony ran like a scalded dog after that. Well worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.