Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bassani Christmas in July!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ripped out old shit today....it sounds like the guts of the muffler and cats just fell apart into pieces.
Also I ordered the hooker aerochamber muffler to top it all off after reading multiple recommendations on the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
The old cats are worth a couple to few hundred dollars. Look up this cat guy in Vermont on FB.
facebook.com/CatalyticConverterRecyclingPro/

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So what would y'all do?
Bassani y-pipe took over a month to arrive, they charged me twice, had to argue for refund now the pipe doesn't line up. Do I just modify to fit so I can move on with my life or try for a replacement and scratch the project for another month or so?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
There's a difference between 351 and 302 Y pipe. I put on a bassani y pipe 10 years ago with stainless steel band clamps on a 3" hooker aero chamber and magnaflow stainless 3" mandrel bent tailpipe (might be obsolete).

I was impressed with the ypipe so I'd be tempted to say inspect the headers to make sure they aren't bent or modified before I blamed the ypipe being made irregular.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
871 Posts
That looks to be WAY OFF, Measure and or compare your old Y-Pipe to the new one and see how far they are off. A little miss alignment is manageable but that is far from manageable well at least in the picture. Yes as stated above there are 2 separate parts for the 351 and 302, check the part number to see if they shipped the wrong one or if it is just a defective part.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
871 Posts
It looks like there is a bend missing in the New Y-Pipe as seen in the installed picture but it is hard to compare the pictures of the new and old parts as the new part has bubble wrap on the ends.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It was about 1 inch narrow and almost the same the other direction but the kicker was that the expanded flange was at the wrong angle (too much bend).
I'm not very patient so i carefully bent the pipes myself so it would line up and the angle was still a little to far and left a tiny gap at the front of the ball flange so i trimmed a quarter inch off the opposite side and now it fits super snug, I just realized while doing this that the pipe diameter is a little smaller than the pipe i was taking off! wtf? Is the Bassani supposed to 3 inch from the headers or 2.5?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sure enough, double checked the part number and they sent me the wrong part.....i was sent the 302 pipe.😫

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update: Contacted Autoanything.com last week, they acknowledged the parts were switched due to an error on their website. The correct pipe is ordered and hopefully coming sooner than later, they also knocked off $60 for my trouble. Can't wait to see what shows this time.

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
21 - 34 of 34 Posts