Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a long strange 7-8 months it has been... After being laid off in mid-July and being out of work for six months I have been busy for the last six weeks.

I finally got a computer contracting job six weeks ago with a pretty cool company. The first day I got home from this job I had two job offers waiting for me when I got home. I passed on both of them and stayed working where I was.

Then about two weeks ago a company that I had applied with back in early October called me in for an interview. Well four interviews later I got the offer tonight and am going to accept the job in the morning. The contractor job was a straight hourly job, no taxes taken out, no insurance no benefits of any kind. The new job that I am taking is $12K more a year and really excellent benefits.

I broke down and bought a daily driver last weekend. I bought a Ford Focus ZX3 econo box. I got every option that they offered with the exception of heated seats, which I forgot to ask for. I just filled it up for the first time since picking up the car on Saturday and with the first tank I got 32.16 mpg. Or approx. 2.3 times better mileage than I have been getting in the Bronco. I still have the bronco but no longer will use it as a commuting car.

All in all this is shaping up to be a pretty good year! Hope that every one else is blessed this year!

dc

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Dangling_Dave said:
What a long strange 7-8 months it has been... After being laid off in mid-July and being out of work for six months I have been busy for the last six weeks.

I finally got a computer contracting job six weeks ago with a pretty cool company. The first day I got home from this job I had two job offers waiting for me when I got home. I passed on both of them and stayed working where I was.

Then about two weeks ago a company that I had applied with back in early October called me in for an interview. Well four interviews later I got the offer tonight and am going to accept the job in the morning. The contractor job was a straight hourly job, no taxes taken out, no insurance no benefits of any kind. The new job that I am taking is $12K more a year and really excellent benefits.

I broke down and bought a daily driver last weekend. I bought a Ford Focus ZX3 econo box. I got every option that they offered with the exception of heated seats, which I forgot to ask for. I just filled it up for the first time since picking up the car on Saturday and with the first tank I got 32.16 mpg. Or approx. 2.3 times better mileage than I have been getting in the Bronco. I still have the bronco but no longer will use it as a commuting car.

All in all this is shaping up to be a pretty good year! Hope that every one else is blessed this year!

dc

Great hearin' from you Dave

I'm glad you made your way through all that. You must have been laid off about the same time Katrina blew through.

Those gas gouging days forced me to sideline the Eddie into weekend duty and I pressed into service a 1990 Lincoln Town Car I had bought a month earlier.

Like your Focus, the Town Car is a major improvement over the Bronco in the mileage dept and no payments to boot, bought it cash for $1400.oo safetied and E-tested.

It's a 5.0 litre so I did all the power and mileage mods to it that had worked on the Bronco and I improved the mileage by 7mpg to 22/29 and sometimes better on the hwy.

Good luck with the new job

Sixlitre

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
good to hear you're doing well. :thumbup

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Awesome hearing from you Dave, and congradulations on the new job! I hope all the time off didn't take too big a bite out of your financials.

Hmm, Focus econo box and "every option" don't seem to jive. You mean it's got a stereo and 2 front seats?:goodfinge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts