Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will high flow cats help with mpg and performance just makin up my wish list and wanted some info. also will sixlitre's ignition and timing deal work as well with a 351?

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Six's tricks will work with a 351, but to a lesser degree than a 302.

I did all of Six's mods and redid all of my exhaust, and I only got a slight bump in low-end power (noticable increase in the high end), and only one, maybe two MPG from the deal.

EDIT: Well, it really depends on the condition of your stuff before you put in the new junk. If the old is worn slap-ass out, then you will get a huge improvement. If your stuff is in fairly good condition, you won't get much from it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm pretty sure i;m goin to end up goining to college in W.Va and they have all those emmisions test we dont got down here in florida, and if i stayed down here i'd go with cutting off the cats but for future things i think i need cats. what companies are the best for high flow cats and what kind of prices can i exspect.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot that was a great thread. thanx
so this is my plan/wishlist so far
1.six's ignition , msd cap& rotor,msd coil, taylor wires and cheap spark plugs
2.ghetto k&N
3.y pipe with high flow cat and then somethin i havent conceived yet behind it would be damn cool if it was before the rear wheels
4.electric fan/s
4a. probbly need 3g alt with fans
5.cb radio- i think my dad has one laying around
6.either just a 2 or 3 inch lift with springs and add a leafs or a 4 inch kit depending on cash...i dont wanna do 4 cause then it'll look dumb with my 31's and it;s alot of money for tires.

ok so what do ya'll think

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
make sure you get a PA speaker for that CBradio... it makes the whole truck more badass...
best mod i ever did!
ace

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
1.go
2.go
3.go
4.i wouldnt, i dont trust electric fans, just get a flex fan, easier, cheaper
5.go
6.i got a 2" lift from skyjacker. new shocks, new lift coil in front and add-a-leafs for the rear. looks fine with 31's. http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part....familyid/1318/subcategoryid/200/categoryid/30

What is your beef with electric fans. if you hook them up correctly they will work and a flew fan will wear the motor out quicker with all that constant spinning

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
most flex fans aren't rated for the engine size most of us have. all the ones i've seen (other than the expesive ass flexalite's which i don't know anythign about) will not move enough air to cool a 351.

i didn't do the getto K&N because i i know the open element would get trashed quick with the way i drive my truck. plus it puts the intake lower than my stock over the rad setup.

the flowmast y-pipe is great. i got one after i payed to have a shop botch my header back exhaust. so whenever i learn to weld and make some 2.5 inch dies i'll fix it with the flowmaster y.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
another question is when doin the ignition upgrades do u gotta get another ignition box or not..and if i do will it make that big of a difference? and i already have the drop in K&N should i stick with that or do the ghetto K&N

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you don't have to get a new ignition box. if you have a real high performance engine their multiple sparks usually help. but i don't think on a lightly modded engine you would see much difference. plus it seems like a lot of peopel have trouble with the separate boxes when used on a DD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts