Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue. I take such good care of my aod with the shift kit, trans filter and cooler, but it still seems to have a bit of an issue.

Its been getting worse lately, and im tryin to figure out why......on flat ground, its fine, no problems at all, BUT when i get the truck off road and climb some steep hills, say over 25-30 degrees it actually seems to go dry.....i mean if i let off the gas just a little bit, the tranny will seem to loose fluid..or something, but anyway it just basically goes into neutral, and i have to back down the hill, wait about 2 mins and rev the motor in drive and it will finally come back, jump as if it just picked up some more fluid.

Now you would think that my fluid is low, but it isnt......the only other thing may be is that the tranny filter is loose andits not sucking from the bottom of the pan.... any ideas guys?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
i'd think it is overheating but with all the mods. After you drive up the hill is it fine? How much fluid is left after you go up the hill?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I wonder if maybe your pump is hooped or maybe he has the wrong dip stick in it. The tranny holds IIR at least 8 litres of fluid, probably closer to 10. Do you have any friends with a ford and the same tranny? If so, compare your dipstick to theirs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know this is a late reply, but this happened to my and it was the small square seal going in the aod filter. I got oil and filter replaced and the stupid bastard didn´t put the new seal, so in slopes it was sucking air. Opened up, put new seal and it was running like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts