Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

happy holidays and all! Well I got a new cb setup for X-Mas and it came with mirror mounted antennas and all the goodies. Just wondering though what is the best way to route the antenna cable from inside the cab to the outside without it looking "Ghetto"?

Paul

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Drill a hole right below the upper mirror mount and the cable through it with a grommet. Then run it with the rest of the door wire loom. That's how the whips on my Burbin are set up and it looks factory. If there are no wires already in the doors, drill and grommet 2 more holes in the door jam area by the door hinges, one in the door, one in the door jam.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Man that is great stuff. Should I go just a little bit bigger than the cable size for the hole, to allow for the grommet?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I figured that, the end of my antenna cable where it plugs into the antenna itself is big and fat (at least 3/4-1 diam), then you have the standard coax cable so I will have to drill the whole and slide a grommet in that will accomadate the connection end, then maybe use some silicone to fill up the rest of the space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts