Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, would this be a speaker I used inside or outside the truck? Speaker

Second, how would you position your speaker? Facing the bumper? Straight down to the ground? Straight up?

Third, has anyone done dual horns? I probably won't but I didn't know if these 12watt horns were loud at all or not.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn't go with that speaker, being under your hood it would be prone to dampness and such. That speaker is more of an external speaker for in the cab. I went with PA horn from radioshack, a simple outdoor horn, like the ones used for sporting events. I think it was less than $30 and works great. Nice and loud. I faced mine toward the front of the truck. Hope that helps.

-Josh

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radioshack eh? I thought of going there but when I went to look at antennas last time they didn't have them *or I didn't see them, either one*

I'm thinking I'll just order one on ebay.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well they aren't near the antennas and such, if you are worried that they might not have it b/c it has to do with CB's. I would definitely try radioshack and just ask if they them. I'm really happy with mine, been covered in mud and then washed off and still works great.

-Josh

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
my cousin has 2 60 watt pa horns angled to the ground facing foward, so the car in front of us can hear us, air horns all i have to say is dont get em wet and dont let em warp they sound really funny

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
that is an inside speaker it will crap out in the rain. you need a PA style speaker, motorola sells some decent ones.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered one off ebay, 12 watt, total was like $20 w/ shipping and insurance.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone run the coax under the truck instead of through it? I'm not sure where I can go into the truck from the antenna. Unless I should just drill a hole for a grommet?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
where are you mounting the antenna?

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, On the tire carrier, near the hinges. It's a 4ft fiberglass antenna.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Here is my huge one:

The out door ones look like that. Like a big horn. I got mine from radioshack. I think they sell a smaller one, maybe 3/4s of the size of mine.

Here is how I used to have my antenna:

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you get the coax from your antenna to your cb? Under your truck or routed through the cab?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I ran it down to the bottom of the tailgate and sliped it up between the floor and the plastic splash guard type thing. If you need a pic let me know. Then I ran it through the cab along the side and under the mats and under my custom console to the CB.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That'd be great if I could grab a pic from you.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump. Still don't know how I'm going to route this cable. I thought my CB was coming in today but I found out yesterday they haven't even shipped it yet :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
128 Posts
Coax

I zip tied the coax to the tire carrier and ran the cable under the top of the right tail light lense and behind the passengers side paneling to the passengers door. Then under the carpet and under the center console where the CB is mounted. I'll try to get some pic's but the computer at home has a virus right now. It may take a few days

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait, so you took out the light and ran it into the truck from behind the tailight? I don't know if I understand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I took off the lens and ran the cable between the palstic of the lense and the metal of the fender/body, There is a grommet already there (at least on my '85 there is) and ran it through there. Then I just screwed the lense back doun over the coax. It hasn't leaked thus far and I get good transmit/receive. I would recommend that you pull the lense off and see what you can worrk with. Again, I'll try to get some pic's up tomorrow if all goes well.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks very much. Apparently the damn thing hasn't shipped YET (I ordered this on Sunday!) and I'm getting pissed, but as long as it gets here ON MONDAY I'll be fine...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts