Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying and installing a CB in the Bronco. I am not sure what of what CB to buy, and where to buy one, any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got a cobra 25 classic i think? its cobra tho... and a 9 ft whip from radio shack ($20) best antenna i ever had! i get about a 25-30 mile radius... i tuned my CB but thats it. super clear and super loud.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im just lookingto have it for emergencies, and also to talk to my buddies. I also think that it would just be cool to have a CB in the Bronco. Whatsa good brand of CB to buy. i dont want a peice of crap ya know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you talk to anybody that is really into CB's ....... The older Cobras.....befor they went with the Japan parts were the best....Now Uniden is starting to take over the market.........

Check out this site>>>>> http://www.cbradioforum.com/

Lots of great info.....:thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
hahahah i had one along time ago like in 95 my grandpa gave it to me when i got my first 4 wheel drive truck(ranger) and when i sold the ranger i took it out. he then gave me the same one back hahaha it is a cobra 25 ltd classic. all i need is the guy i won the mic off of ebay, got it for a buck, and get an antenna and i will be good to go.

ken

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
bronco lover said:
I was gonna buy a Cobra but wasnt sure if they came with any mounting brackets which I would like, Does anyone know if they do?

you can always make some :shrug

if the cb does what you want & its a good price, than the mounting hardware is just fluff.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
If you are simply gonna talk to trail veichles, dont go nuts.... a simple radio shack is cheap and will work wonders....dont spend more than you need.....just trail talk....it'll do wonders....if you need more, get more....save your money..just make sure your antenae sticks out above your roof top.....ground plane, I think they call it

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
If you are simply gonna talk to trail veichles, dont go nuts.... a simple radio shack is cheap and will work wonders....dont spend more than you need.....just trail talk....it'll do wonders....if you need more, get more....save your money..just make sure your antenae sticks out above your roof top.....ground plane, I think they call it

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
not midland and not a walmart speacil. midlands have weak soldering oints, bad for rugged terrian

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm a truck driver and i have a galixy but a corbra 29 is a good all radio u can peak and tune it and put a conex board in it.. it should put out about 30 watts if its done right..:rockon

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
1980ish Uniden pushin 54watts.

Adrianspeeder
54 watts???? or do you mean 5 to 4 watts???..No stock CB radio will do that stock with out an AMP....Unless its an Export radio or an RCI Ranger 2970 that comes with a 150 watt AMP built into it...

Also...If you buy a new radio it will come compleat...So you will get the mounting bracket...Can never go wrong with a Cobra...

I have close to 30 radios & I think out of them I have 5 that are bone stock...All the rest are Export radios & radios Iv had "Extras" added to...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts