Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at subcompact automatics lately becuase I turn 23 in July and am able to apply for my CCW license in MO. I've gone to the gun shops and Bass Pro here and held several of the following guns:
Kahr 9mm
S&W M&Psc 9mm
polymer framed Sig in 9mm
KelTec 9mm
XDsc 9mm
CZ 2075 Rami 9mm

out of all those my two favorite guns that filled and felt best in my hand were the XDsc and CZ Rami and I'm leaning towards the CZ right now because it has an alloy frame and I love the way "cold hard steel" feels in my hand.

So my question to all of you that carry is. What do you carry and why do you carry it?

I also plan on getting a J-frame style revolver for ankle/pocket carry in the future too

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I've never fired the CZ, but I have fired a 9mm XDsc. My small carry piece is a Glock 27. I hate Glocks, and plastic guns in general, but in the grand scheme of plastic gun suckagery, the Glock 27 isn't too bad. It has a similar feel to the XDsc.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Why don't I see a G26 or G27 on your list?

I conceal a G27 ( .40 cal) while off duty & love it. The only gun I have experience with in your list is the S&W m&P 9mm and it was a nice gun as well. No complaints on it, it would be my 2nd choice over a Glock

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Glock is the only one I haven't held yet but still need to. I'm saving up right now because I'm still working on te Bronco but will have enough for my Pistol purchase by the end of next month so I still have some time to decide but pretty much leaning towards the CZ

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I will be getting my conceal carry soon, and I will be carrying my Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro. Many people dislike Taurus, but I think they make great guns.

I have a bit of experience with the XD and S&W. Both are good guns too.

Why are you so set on getting a 9mm? I've found it much easier to find .40 cal ammo, rather then 9mm and .45.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
threads like these make me hate california more and more

Boy, I sure do love the four new 30-round AR mags I bought off MidwayUSA. My, how I love not living in California so that I may purchase such fine products.
:goodfinge

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at getting a .40 but got steered away. I'm looking at getting a 9mm mainly for quicker more accurate consistant follow up shots and more ammo capacity

·
Registered
20 Posts
I carry a sig 229 because I have to when on duty. I have expirence with all the guns you listed. I am a gunsmith as well as an FFL holder. I can tell you to stay away from the Kel-tec it's junk, I have worked on many CZ's but they were the polymer frame they ware out too fast. I would suggest you buy either the Springfield XD or the Smith M&P. The sig is too expensive and the recoil springs are junk. I've replaced mine 4x because the center strand breaks and works it's way out until it causes a stoppage. When I notified Sig of the problem they only deined having any problems with it. I explained to them it was the .40cal with the problems but they insisited there is no problem citing the number sold in 9mm. So they did not stand behind their product and if I did not have to carry it I would junk it. If you have any questions let PM me. I also sell guns and can usually beat anyones price.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The KelTec I never asked to see the gun shop owner just pulled it out I barely held it because I'm not a fan. The S&W I was leaning towards at first till I held it and felt too skinny for my liking. The Sig felt too top heavy and the Kahr also felt too skinny. I still wouldn't mind holding a Beretta Cougar sc

EDIT: I might get a NAA .22 mag revolver for pocket carry/basketball short carry till I save up for a J frame

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hello
been carry since 1993, never had to pull it out.........

I carry a Sig Pro 2340, light weight (too me) no safety and good price.

Less then $500 for 2 clips, case and lock

Why do I carry ?? There are times that having BACK UP is nice. I don't allways carry, depends on where I am going.

I can tell ya, that a gun safe is going in the Bronco so I can carry at all time and lock up the gun when needed.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/sig/sigproSP2340.asp

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Smith has an adjustable grip so you can choose what feels good to you come with 3 diff inserts.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Smith has an adjustable grip so you can choose what feels good to you come with 3 diff inserts.
The M&P only has adjustable backstraps. The grip angle was good just felt too thin for me to have a nice firm grip

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Find a range that has rentals and shoot the guns you have looked over at the gun shop.

What everyone else likes and what works for you are two different things.

Once you decide on one shoot it, shoot it, and shoot it some more.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Get a Glock 27 (.40) and buy a Glock 33 (.357Sig) barrel = two guns in one. This will work on any of the 22, 23,27 and 31, 32, 32 Series. Pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts