Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
No worries man, that's what we are here for. I assume you know that those wires in your hand are the speaker output wires from your new head unit. Those will not give you a shock. It is very low outuput and not like 120v which will give you a shock. Since you have that sweet Ford Premium sound (JK) instead of the normal system I am not as familiar with it. But I imagine it is pretty much the same from the looks of your second pic. The easiest thing to do would be to get the custom harness that plugs into your vehicle harness in your second picture. Then you simply connect those speaker output wires to the ends of the wires from the custom harness. I am guessing you do not have a harness so the next best thing is to cut the vehicles speaker wires on the harness 2-3" back from the harness. This will allow you room to splice it back in if you need to in the future. Then simply splice those wires into the ones from your head unit. Be sure not to leave any bare wires. The best thing is to use solder and shrink wrap tubing. But butt connectors work fine too. To check which wires on the vehicle harness go to which speakers follow these simple steps. Take two of the same colored wires from your head unit, one being the ground and the other being positive. Then simply touch them to any of the sets of two wires in the harness. Do this before you cut the harness just to be sure everything works. Then simply mark those wires referencing whichever speaker went on. Then you do the same with the others until you have it all figured out. Hope that helps. BTW do not use electrical tape. It corrodes easily and can damage your connections.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Marauder said:
also i guess just putting those wires into the the holes in the ford sound unit thing in the right order dosnt work? i tried it and nothing happend or maybe i didnt have enough bare wire to get a good connection with them? or maybe it just dosnt work like that?:shrug
That should work as long as you are making the connection. Are you sure your head unit is picking up a radio station or that a cd is playing and the volume is up? Another option is to get any old speaker and connect it to one of the sets of wires from the head unit. It can be a car speaker or home speaker. But if it is a home speaker do not connect the wires for more than a second or two as you can ruin your receiver. Just hold them there for a split second to see if you get music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.