Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got my wiring harness for my cd player and i got all the wires conneted the other day and got it installed and had good power. i went to put the cd player in the slot in my dash and a wire came lose. when pulling the cd player back out the red 12volt wire struck the metal and spaerked. so i chaged two fuses for the bronco and the on in the cdplayer and the bastard still dont work. can sumone plz help, i dont know if i fried the player or not but if neone knows i did and what part it is plz let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
sounds like you might have fried the cd player. when your messin around with electronics, its a good idea to disconect the negative on the battery. try running an entire new power wire. stright from the cd player to the battery. if it works( meaning the original power wire may have melted somewhere) then, put a fusable link in that wire. hope this was a help.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
and if i dont work then you may need a new cd player. but lets hope thats not the case.
Looks like you caught THIS one when it was in the wrong forum:thumbup

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i finnaly got the player workin, i was so relieved. BUT, then i go to insert a cd and it wont go in so i swwitched the cd player over to cd and there was one already in th slot so i got to eject it and i ont come out. it makes a niose like its tryin but nuth. i looked for a reset button cant find it. i got the cd out with a pair of pliers but now it wont switch to cd and i can t insert one or nuthin. can neone help cuz im ready to smash the muther****er.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts