Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,271 Posts
If I remember right, there's a set of U-shaped tools that you slide into small holes on the sides of the unit. This releases the latches inside that hold the unit in the dash. Made my own from wire coat hangers when I pulled the factory cassette player from my 93.

check out the pic here

·
Registered
538 Posts
Radio shack or other electronic stores should have that tool. It's fairly cheap.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have had a few aftermarket ones they all come out the same way, just use different shaped tools to do it. Usually it is a thin flat strip that slides in I have made them with banding material before.

contact the manufacturer of the cd player they should be able to send you the tools needed.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
mine is easy enough to pull out.

Just open the glove box and apply pressure to the back of the cd player unit. it is secured by bracket that goes around it for mounting, no bolts / screws. and it takes some force to get that b!tch out too.

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
go to your local audio store they should have some extra tools you can from them for free, just tell them the brand of the player, take the cover off the outside of the cd player and slide them in, then pull out before you get it pregnant

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,271 Posts
Thurston said:
I have had a few aftermarket ones they all come out the same way, just use different shaped tools to do it. Usually it is a thin flat strip that slides in I have made them with banding material before.

contact the manufacturer of the cd player they should be able to send you the tools needed.
or go to a local install shop and ask if they'll sell you a set. A good stereo/alarm shop will have all that stuff.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Pair of butter knives. That should work on most, if not all, the CD players I've had. Push them in on the sides and pull the handles together. May have to have them in deeper, or less deep. Most of the sleeves are 2-4" deep.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston

originally posted by 2ndHelping
or go to a local install shop and ask if they'll sell you a set. A good stereo/alarm shop will have all that stuff.
what he said I thought about this some more and I remembered going to a Best Buy and they gave me a set for my make and model

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thurston said:
what he said I thought about this some more and I remembered going to a Best Buy and they gave me a set for my make and model
But isn't it an aftermarket one, which has nothing to do with a factory stereo?

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's what I meant sorry if it didn't sound right. I have had a few aftermarket stereos and have at one time at least gone to Best Buy and they gave me the tools to take out the stereo I had.

Sorry for the confusion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts