Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck has been acting funny for a couple of weeks, when i first start it in the morning it idles real low (350 - 500) untill it warms up then its fine(600-750). but today it started doing it even when it is warm. when i come to a stop it idles real low and dies and it started throwing a cel. i checked the codes and got 625(Electronic Pressure Control driver open in EEC) and 172(HEGO shows system always lean) i cant make any sense of this. what is Electronic Pressure Control driver open in EEC mean?
any help on this is greatly appreacated.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Someone recently had this same problem but I can't remember who or what they did. Kind of a hard subject to search for so maybe they will see this and chime in..good luck! :beer

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i replaced my iac and cleaned the throttle body and reset the computer. the idle went back to normal and it doesnt die anymore, but i am still getting the code 625(Electronic Pressure Control driver open in EEC)does anyone know what this mean?

·
Registered
355 Posts
beakerf said:
well i replaced my iac and cleaned the throttle body and reset the computer. the idle went back to normal and it doesnt die anymore, but i am still getting the code 625(Electronic Pressure Control driver open in EEC)does anyone know what this mean?

That'd be a solenoid circuit faliure in your E4OD transmission.

Bob K.

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
that is an E4OD code of some sort regarding the line pressure control circuitry... almost sounds like a software problem in the EEC itself. i have a whole stack of e4od codes in my memory, i'm surprised that one hasn't come up yet :crazy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts