Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1994 bronco xlt, red, 5.8
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back sides of my bronco have badges saying Centaurus, does anyone know what this means?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe it was an aftermarket company that would get ford vehicles and basically “pimp” them out a little more from the factory. It could range from seats and paint to full on stretched 4 door Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
948 Posts
You sure it doesn’t say Centurion??
That was a company, while most famous for making 4 door fullsize Broncos, that also did custom appearance packages for Broncos and trucks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sure it doesn’t say Centurion??
That was a company, while most famous for making 4 door fullsize Broncos, that also did custom appearance packages for Broncos and trucks
I’m pretty sure I saw Centaurus on it but I’ve thought about it being centurion, the badge seemed different from a centurion badge though

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m pretty sure I saw Centaurus on it but I’ve thought about it being centurion, the badge seemed different from a centurion badge though
I’ll double check tomorrow when I pick up the truck with a trailer and take it home

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked into it and Centaurus conversions were a rare thing that some trucks and campervans had, but I can’t find anything about the existence of a bronco Centaurus

·
Super Moderator
25,386 Posts
Yo Red,

"A similar conversion company was during the 1980s and early 1990s, Centurion Vehicles, a converter specializing in Ford trucks based in White Pigeon, Michigan, constructed the Centurion Classic, a four-door version of the fourth- and fifth-generation Bronco. In the construction of each Classic, Centurion would mate the cab of an F-Series crew-cab pickup (from the C-pillar forward) to body of a Bronco (from the B-pillar rearward), including the rear quarter panels, hardtop, and tailgate of the SUV. Early models used fiberglass rear body panels, but later, these were made from steel. As the body conversion retained the rear seat of the Bronco, a Centurion Classic was equipped with three-row seating for up to nine people

Centurion Vehicles offered two models of the Classic: the C-150 (based on the Ford F-150 chassis, with optional four-wheel drive) and the C-350 (based on the F-350, four-wheel drive was standard). Both models used a 140-inch wheelbase (9 inches longer than the Suburba); as the F-150 was not produced as a crew cab, a C-150 was constructed from three different vehicles (crew cab, Bronco rear, and F-150 frame). In contrast to the ¾-ton Suburban 2500, the C-350 Classic utilized a one-ton chassis. The C-150 was offered with 5.0L and 5.8L V8 engines; the C-350 used the 7.3L diesel V8 and 7.5L gasoline V8 (the only Bronco variants to use these engines).

The Centurion Classic was offered until the end of Bronco production in 1996; " by wiki

1993 Ford C-350 (Centurion Conversions) by John DeStefano

7.3L Banks Sidewinder Turbo Diesel, cold air intake, 4" Banks exhaust, Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 & SDF99 filter
Drivetrain:4x4, Banks TransController, Warn manual hubs
Notes:This Classic was purchased from the original owner in Oregon, and delivered to me in As Florida. It was all original from Ford and the Centurion factory. By John DeStefano

BRONCO DRIVER' CENTURION ARTICLE by John DeStefano @ 1993 Ford C-350 (Centurion Conversions) 'BRONCO DRIVER' CENTURION ARTICLE pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Another Conversion company was Metropolitan Magnum; see pics by John @ 1993 Ford C-350 (Centurion Conversions) Metropolitan Magnum in Ft Myers pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Reactions: kammots

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yo Red,

"A similar conversion company was during the 1980s and early 1990s, Centurion Vehicles, a converter specializing in Ford trucks based in White Pigeon, Michigan, constructed the Centurion Classic, a four-door version of the fourth- and fifth-generation Bronco. In the construction of each Classic, Centurion would mate the cab of an F-Series crew-cab pickup (from the C-pillar forward) to body of a Bronco (from the B-pillar rearward), including the rear quarter panels, hardtop, and tailgate of the SUV. Early models used fiberglass rear body panels, but later, these were made from steel. As the body conversion retained the rear seat of the Bronco, a Centurion Classic was equipped with three-row seating for up to nine people

Centurion Vehicles offered two models of the Classic: the C-150 (based on the Ford F-150 chassis, with optional four-wheel drive) and the C-350 (based on the F-350, four-wheel drive was standard). Both models used a 140-inch wheelbase (9 inches longer than the Suburba); as the F-150 was not produced as a crew cab, a C-150 was constructed from three different vehicles (crew cab, Bronco rear, and F-150 frame). In contrast to the ¾-ton Suburban 2500, the C-350 Classic utilized a one-ton chassis. The C-150 was offered with 5.0L and 5.8L V8 engines; the C-350 used the 7.3L diesel V8 and 7.5L gasoline V8 (the only Bronco variants to use these engines).

The Centurion Classic was offered until the end of Bronco production in 1996; " by wiki

1993 Ford C-350 (Centurion Conversions) by John DeStefano
View attachment 163229

View attachment 163230
7.3L Banks Sidewinder Turbo Diesel, cold air intake, 4" Banks exhaust, Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 & SDF99 filter
Drivetrain:4x4, Banks TransController, Warn manual hubs
Notes:This Classic was purchased from the original owner in Oregon, and delivered to me in As Florida. It was all original from Ford and the Centurion factory. By John DeStefano

BRONCO DRIVER' CENTURION ARTICLE by John DeStefano @ 1993 Ford C-350 (Centurion Conversions) 'BRONCO DRIVER' CENTURION ARTICLE pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Another Conversion company was Metropolitan Magnum; see pics by John @ 1993 Ford C-350 (Centurion Conversions) Metropolitan Magnum in Ft Myers pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It’s not a centurion though, it’s a Centaurus, a different company, I’m picking the truck up in 2 and a half hours, I will take pictures

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT 5.8L
206 Posts

Hers a couple Centaurus conversions I found. Can't wait to see the bronco pics.

Cyb 96 XLT Sport 5.8L

·
Super Moderator
25,386 Posts
It’s not a centurion though, it’s a Centaurus, a different company, I’m picking the truck up in 2 and a half hours, I will take pictures
Yo,
I know, I wrote," A similar conversion company was during the 1980s and early 1990s, Centurion Vehicles, a converter specializing in Ford trucks based in White Pigeon, Michigan, constructed the Centurion Classic, ..."
Enjoy your Centaurus😊

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT 5.8L
206 Posts
Cleaning it AND getting us some interior pics. I'm betting wood trim and maybe a small TV of some sort. You know.. judging from the other Centaurus jobs I posted I think the PO removed some of the more elaborate additions.
Cyb 96 XLT Sport 5.8L

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,731 Posts
Better than a CLI-Taurus..! Zoom in on the trunk emblem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cleaning it AND getting us some interior pics. I'm betting wood trim and maybe a small TV of some sort. You know.. judging from the other Centaurus jobs I posted I think the PO removed some of the more elaborate additions.
Cyb 96 XLT Sport 5.8L
It doesn’t have any of the interior upgrades on it sadly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts