·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Thanks for fufilling my request :thumbup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redwagon, I took the pics of the console during the construction of my rear storage area. If you look at the thread titled "hidden interior storage" it will show the completed job. Hope you like it. I did it on Saturday and had a blast doing it.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
that looks really good

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice!

Is that birch veneered?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Birch plywood for the shell and veneered edges, quite simple in design. Bolted into the original spots

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
borgker said:
Redwagon, I took the pics of the console during the construction of my rear storage area. If you look at the thread titled "hidden interior storage" it will show the completed job. Hope you like it. I did it on Saturday and had a blast doing it.
gonna have to check that thread out.:rockon

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
wow, you guys are talented!! I have to try this come spring time. I need something for my sub as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rhetor, thanks for the comments, am very curious about your ideas for an overhead console. Have been thinking about one but am not sure exactly what I want. Let me know if you have any ideas about one, would like to see what we can come up with. Really liked your center console, just a little tall for me, we need to be able to access the rear so mine is a bit shorter

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
mines stock

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah i don't really have that problem in the regular cab pickup. I made the console the same height as the armrests on the doors so its a nice comfortable level, decreases shoulder fatigue.

My plan for the overhead console is to go on a junkyard spree and steal up some overhead lights, maybe a digital compass and thermometer, definitely sunglasses holder, garage door thingy. I was fiddling with the idea of puting the cb up there, but i don't think i want the mic cord smacking me in the face every time i take a right hand corner.

Console will be made of the same wood, but will spend some special time on the router. I had planned to make armrests also, but i'd rather have a furniture maker do that for me out of solid birch. That probably will never happen.

I don't have a headliner so one is definitely going up when i do the console. Use to be an american flag up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts