Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
ratchet strap from the driver side knuckle to the pass. side of the frame and tighten it up until your axle is center find a reference point on the frame.. on both sides measure and make sure there the same on both sides

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
you would be suprised what a tape measure can do...for centering it in the wheel well I used a string with a weight on the end and and attached to the same spots on both sides (plum bob I think it is called)...

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
InkDawg said:
you would be suprised what a tape measure can do...for centering it in the wheel well I used a string with a weight on the end and and attached to the same spots on both sides (plum bob I think it is called)...
yep, plumb bob from exact point on the frame, either side, for side to side. Front to back you should begin by ensuring the upper coil mount is located in the same position for each side, and then secondly find a matching frame point not far from where the RA's will connect to the frame to make sure your RA mounts are aligned.

This alignment is also why I liked going with left/right rod ends at either end of the DOM trackbar...it will allow for further fine tuning by turning the DOM and lengthing/shortening the trackbar.

FYI though, even doing this very carefully, my body to frame measurement is a bit off, which when measuring makes it appear the setup is off by about 1/2" side to side. Reality though is that the axle is aligned to the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts