Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

check that out i wonder what thats from and where they got it. it looks factory. id swap my console for one that looked that good.

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
Those seats probably came from a crew cab pickup or something like that..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sure just wondering what cause it looks stock. i asked the seller.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,379 Posts
I had a 96 F-150 that had seats almost identical to those. I bet it was a swap over. Bolt holes and everything match up perfectly so it would not be a problem at all.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,057 Posts
Looks like a better match than mine but after having had it for so long... I'm planning to remove mine.
Storage space is sorely lacking and I honestly don't have enough passenger issues to warrant the loss.

I also miss the inside arm-rest, which had to be removed. If that's a true 60/40 split though, it's probably very different and might sit at a better height.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,346 Posts
Looks to be a factory 87-91 supercab pickup middle seat. Fairly rare as most had a bronco console or a split bench.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,346 Posts
supercabs that era had that all ive ever seen is the 50/50 split bench
While I've never seen a center seat in person, I have run across a few 87-91 supercabs with the bronco style console in the yards. In fact I pulled two of the consoles.

I said what I said because the fabric on said seat looks to be original to that era. Otherwise, no idea what it's from.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While I've never seen a center seat in person, I have run across a few 87-91 supercabs with the bronco style console in the yards. In fact I pulled two of the consoles.

I said what I said because the fabric on said seat looks to be original to that era. Otherwise, no idea what it's from.
yeah you could get the buckets and console in a supercab but from all brochures none had a 40/20/40 split bench until 92. owner must have had one recovered to match i just wish i knew what he got it from cause it looks like a perfect match different not a 92-96 ford. poss a dodge? seller hasnt responded id like a back side pick of it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont want something that looks gaudy and covered in plastic like new seats do. i hate the way newer car seats look in car.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,346 Posts
Usually the 40/20/40 has different seat mounts than the captains chairs and console too. It's not as simple as removing just the /20/ portion and bolting it in place of the console. The mount base is part of the bucket mounts too. I've seen a couple nicer 92+ 40 20 40 seats in the yard, but not nice enough to justify pulling the whole thing imho.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,225 Posts
Usually the 40/20/40 has different seat mounts than the captains chairs and console too. It's not as simple as removing just the /20/ portion and bolting it in place of the console. The mount base is part of the bucket mounts too. I've seen a couple nicer 92+ 40 20 40 seats in the yard, but not nice enough to justify pulling the whole thing imho.
My reading comprehension might be failing me today, but that doesn't sound quite right. The center jump seat's bracket mounts up with the inner bolts of the driver and passenger seats, but it's not actually part of them. So, to the first part, it actually is as simple as removing the /20/ portion and bolting it in place of the console, as it and the console are mutually exclusive in how they mount.

I used the center jump seat's mounting plate for building my custom center seat/console.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,346 Posts
My reading comprehension might be failing me today, but that doesn't sound quite right. The center jump seat's bracket mounts up with the inner bolts of the driver and passenger seats, but it's not actually part of them. So, to the first part, it actually is as simple as removing the /20/ portion and bolting it in place of the console, as it and the console are mutually exclusive in how they mount.

I used the center jump seat's mounting plate for building my custom center seat/console.
Hmm. Now I'll have to investigate. I've never torn into one, and was just going by what I could see with my head upside down in somebody else's filth in the JY. That's good to know.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,225 Posts
Hmm. Now I'll have to investigate. I've never torn into one, and was just going by what I could see with my head upside down in somebody else's filth in the JY. That's good to know.
Here's what the bracket looks like with the jump seat removed from it:

·
Registered
15 Posts
From my experience the bronco and extended cab F-150/250 had the same floor pan, so seats are bolt in interchangeable. And have the pivot forward feature for rear passengers to enter and exit. Reg cabs and crew cabs have different seat mounting, they use a large pan with four bolts holding it to the cab, then the 40/20/40 seats are bolted to that. On a bronco or extended cab each seat has its own base and there are 8? Bolts I think.... I believe the center seat uses the inside bolts of both front seats so one of these should swap in a bronco if the arm rests are taken out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah you could get the buckets and console in a supercab but from all brochures none had a 40/20/40 split bench until 92. owner must have had one recovered to match i just wish i knew what he got it from cause it looks like a perfect match different not a 92-96 ford. poss a dodge? seller hasnt responded id like a back side pick of it.
Not dodge, I have had both styles of second gen, company trucks in 3rd and 4th gen... the seat belts are part of the driver seat, and no cup holders in the center seat... they are for sure does sears

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
seller responded said it was a ordered with that. now i still cant find anything from ford they build this so im thinking its a dealer done thing. possibly from the same seat manufactures that mark 3 and choo choo customs used. i still havent got any other pictures of it.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts