Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have to wonder if the single track was for a standard cab pickup. I have had dealings with 3 sets for 40/20/40, one is in my dad's 94 extended cab, another pulled from an extended cab (only know OBS, didn't check year), and my current set also an unknown year, but different spacing for the studs between the jump seat studs to the floor bracket, but also different lumbar support bags, one set with rubber and the other being some clear plastic bags.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,131 Posts
My 96 bronco came with a seat like this. One big 'bracket' that connected the two buckets and the jump seat. held in with 4 bolts. I know it wasn't original because it was gray and the rest of my interior was blue.

Years later, I bought the rusty red F150 that had the buckets and jump seat separate. 8 bolts and the jump seat is held in with the inner two from each seat.

My Bronco floor pan has threaded holes for any seat combination; the 4 bolt bracket, or the 8 bolt bucket/captain's chairs/console option

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
2 answer your question im guess thats a reg cab or crew seat base so the whole seat is a unit just guessing at it
Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner!

Crew cabs (I had a 96 f350) have this version, as do single cabs, because they share the same floorpan. My 95 regular cab f250 was the same. My current regular cab 96 f350 is just a solid p.o.s. vinyl bench. I've never owned a supercab. The RC/CC bench front mounting feet mount to the body at a 45° angle. They are not parallel to the ground.

The bronco and supercab have lower pans where the bucket seats mount since they have to have the flip forward, or extra slide function, which adds height.

That would also explain the 92 EB bronco I found in the JY a while back. It had a gray regular cab/cc bench in place of whatever was factory. It was held in with 4 bolts. Well not really. The back two were there, but nothing in the front mounting positions. And there was not a hole in the floor under those positions for that bench.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Saw a few SC trucks today and all were the seperate bracket style. I did realize the seats in those also have the 45° downward front mount.

I saw an example last week, and wanted to make sure it wasnt a swap in before I mentioned it. But I saw two more examples today. And that is a 92+ with the fabric matching that of the original seat in question. The coarser woven, almost tweed-like, gray fabric often seen from 87-91. However, they were just bench seats and in RC pickups.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,189 Posts
I was in the JY today and was reminded of this thread. I spotted this in a '93 Bronco and decided to take a few pics.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Those look like aerostar seats or something

Nice find!

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
where are you located
He's in southern idaho

If you click on someone's user name, itll list the location they typed in that box. Like you from Hazard, KY

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
1,996 Posts
If you click on someone's user name, itll list the location they typed in that box. Like you from Hazard, KY
Or just hover over it, if you're using something with a mouse.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
That would be a few hundred bucks to ship a set of seats.

I recalled seeing near duplicates of those last bucket seats in a e350 club wagon in the JY a week or two ago. Looked pretty comfy.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'd have to investigate the seat further to see what I'm dealing with before I could give an idea of cost.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts