Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

center seat in bronco on ebay

7K views 67 replies 15 participants last post by  nekkidhillbilly 
#1 ·

check that out i wonder what thats from and where they got it. it looks factory. id swap my console for one that looked that good.

#5 ·
Looks like a better match than mine but after having had it for so long... I'm planning to remove mine.
Storage space is sorely lacking and I honestly don't have enough passenger issues to warrant the loss.

I also miss the inside arm-rest, which had to be removed. If that's a true 60/40 split though, it's probably very different and might sit at a better height.

#13 ·
Usually the 40/20/40 has different seat mounts than the captains chairs and console too. It's not as simple as removing just the /20/ portion and bolting it in place of the console. The mount base is part of the bucket mounts too. I've seen a couple nicer 92+ 40 20 40 seats in the yard, but not nice enough to justify pulling the whole thing imho.

#14 ·
My reading comprehension might be failing me today, but that doesn't sound quite right. The center jump seat's bracket mounts up with the inner bolts of the driver and passenger seats, but it's not actually part of them. So, to the first part, it actually is as simple as removing the /20/ portion and bolting it in place of the console, as it and the console are mutually exclusive in how they mount.

I used the center jump seat's mounting plate for building my custom center seat/console.

#17 ·
From my experience the bronco and extended cab F-150/250 had the same floor pan, so seats are bolt in interchangeable. And have the pivot forward feature for rear passengers to enter and exit. Reg cabs and crew cabs have different seat mounting, they use a large pan with four bolts holding it to the cab, then the 40/20/40 seats are bolted to that. On a bronco or extended cab each seat has its own base and there are 8? Bolts I think.... I believe the center seat uses the inside bolts of both front seats so one of these should swap in a bronco if the arm rests are taken out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
seller responded said it was a ordered with that. now i still cant find anything from ford they build this so im thinking its a dealer done thing. possibly from the same seat manufactures that mark 3 and choo choo customs used. i still havent got any other pictures of it.

#21 ·
possibly but im sure centurion also bought seats from other seat manufactures like the other conversion companies. i know the chevy trucks they did had seats bought from another company. ive not seen a brick centurion with a center seat but ive only seen a few in general. i know the 2nd row was unique to them but the 3rd row is the stock bronco seat and the front bucket seats are.

#24 ·
I've actually seen very similar in a conversion F150, now that you mention it. Top looked closer to the third pic.

A population conversion company around here was Ozark. Seen a few of their conversions in the JYs.

I have seen a Centurion crew cab f150 on the road here too, but obviously couldn't look inside while we passed each other at 65mph

#29 ·
Haha I meant just for info, not shipping the seat.

Fyi, I found one in a van, of all places, yesterday. The mount was much different, but the seat looked like the ones above with the wooden topper. It was pretty ratty. Didnt really see anything labels on it.

#32 ·
Found this in a 92+ conversion supercab pickup. Purple and white fade paint even lol!

Only markings I saw were "SeatCo" on the bottom. As you can see, it is a sliding seat as well, and the entire front seats bracketry is custom. Much different than the factory style '20' seat. All three front seats were a plushier fabric than factory too.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat
Floor
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle
Text Font Vehicle Car

#34 ·
no luck guess I just see about recovering something like you posted from a junker. anybody know how wide the center seat should be right off? where do you live at actually? that one would be pretty easy to recover.

Reactions: BigBlue 94
#37 ·
I have a blue center jump seat from a 92 in good condition. I also have a bracket that holds all 3 seats down to a flat floor pan, which I believe they used in earlier years. I also have the slider tracks, which are much more narrow in height than stock so as to not raise the seats. Located in Las Vegas,nv. looking for $100+ shipping. I have a ups account for discount

#38 · (Edited)
I saw your FS thread and copied the pic, because its the mount I was referring to early in this thread, where the base for the jump seat is integral to the bucket seats base. Proves I was partially right lol! @fodder see I wasnt crazy! Wonder why the two mountain exist?
Motor vehicle Technology Vehicle Electronic device Wheel

#39 ·
^ That's very different. Maybe that version is designed to interchange with bench seats that may have different hole arrangement by default?? That seems like a stretch, as I think the holes are the same regardless of seat type, but that's all I've got.

I suppose that '92 could have been an early version and they figured out later it could be improved with less metal.

#45 ·
Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner!

Crew cabs (I had a 96 f350) have this version, as do single cabs, because they share the same floorpan. My 95 regular cab f250 was the same. My current regular cab 96 f350 is just a solid p.o.s. vinyl bench. I've never owned a supercab. The RC/CC bench front mounting feet mount to the body at a 45° angle. They are not parallel to the ground.

The bronco and supercab have lower pans where the bucket seats mount since they have to have the flip forward, or extra slide function, which adds height.

That would also explain the 92 EB bronco I found in the JY a while back. It had a gray regular cab/cc bench in place of whatever was factory. It was held in with 4 bolts. Well not really. The back two were there, but nothing in the front mounting positions. And there was not a hole in the floor under those positions for that bench.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.