Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all,

i am on the fringes of buying a bw1356 manual from another member up north becasue i cant find one anywhere around tampa.

does anybody have any suggestions where else to look in fl?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I would look in Lakeland. There are lots and lots of junkyards in Polk County. Try going to car-part.com first and see what you can find. I bet you'll be able to find something a lot closer to you.

BTW, you couldn't find anything in Hillsborough Co? There's lots of good yards with truck stuff....

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Zainy

Lots of yards around here but from what I've seen most of have nothing in the way of "older" parts. By older I mean anything oler that 2000 for trucks. If you know of any I'd like to know cause there's some parts I'm looking for too and don't want to pay new.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Sheeyit bitches!! I have 3 j/y w/in 10 min of me and one has quite a few 80 to say like 91 ford trucks one had 3 80-6 style broncos and a few 8 lugger trucks. Another one near me has al leas 4 mid to late 70's fords. Theres also 2? about 15-20 min fom me that I havent been to yet. Ask jrdbronco bout those. Ill scout for ya when I go to the usuals so lemme know here or pm me what your lookin for. If they have it ill let you know.
Mike!!! Sup pimpin!!? Hows the job iggy goin? Gimme a call sometime.

Josh

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
there is one in tampa, kinda near st petersburg i think. Cophers, i think is the name? lots of stuff from older trucks at realy good prices

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ragged_ol_86 said:
Sheeyit bitches!! I have 3 j/y w/in 10 min of me and one has quite a few 80 to say like 91 ford trucks one had 3 80-6 style broncos and a few 8 lugger trucks. Another one near me has al leas 4 mid to late 70's fords. Theres also 2? about 15-20 min fom me that I havent been to yet. Ask jrdbronco bout those. Ill scout for ya when I go to the usuals so lemme know here or pm me what your lookin for. If they have it ill let you know.
Mike!!! Sup pimpin!!? Hows the job iggy goin? Gimme a call sometime.

Josh
Where are they? There is'nt much in G-ville.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Like I said in my last post, try car-part.com. You should be able to find what you're looking for. If you still can't find anything get your hands on a Polk Co. phone book and make some calls.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Robbie,
Belleview u pullit, belleview auto salvage, D&M Those are the names. Theyre in the phone book. Im not trying to be a dick, but I could write a book on how to get there. I have no idea of street names man, sorry. Unless..pm your# and I'll call you and tell ya directions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's cool, just what I needed. Thanks.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
87EBBronco said:
Zainy

Lots of yards around here but from what I've seen most of have nothing in the way of "older" parts. By older I mean anything older than 2000 for trucks. If you know of any I'd like to know cause there's some parts I'm looking for too and don't want to pay new.
Zainy,
I just re-read my earlier post and it reads like I got a bur up my butt or something. Didn't mean to come off like that, sorry.

Jrd, last time I was at Cophers the only Ford truck, and I mean the only one, was a well picked over 87-91 F150 2wd. Thank goodness I was just looking for a wheel for a spare, there was one left. May have to swing by there again, see if anything new has come in.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after i read jimmy's post about cophers i gave them a hollar and maybe they were giving me the old sales pitch and what not, but they said they have quite a few broncos on the lot and to come and "have looksee". i may roll over there on monday and see what they got.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Broncoska,

Just remember that Copher's is a U-pull-it yard so have your tools handy in case you need em. IIRC the last time I was there it was $1 maybe $2 to get on the yard so have some small change handy too. Let me know how they're fixed for Bronco/F150s. Thanks

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good tip, i wouldnt oif had thought of that...boy would that of had blown.
do they have power to jack into for my angle grinder? or is it all battery and wrist action there?

want to go for a ride monday morning?

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Broncoska, come up 95, take the International Speedway Blvd (US92) West exit in Daytona, go 1 mile, there is a Upullit on the left. I usually see a BW1356 or two when I go. They have a high turnover, and usually have at least 2 or 3 4wd ford trucks, usually only 1 Bronco.

Here it is, bottom left of the picture.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Daytona+Beach,+FL&ll=29.163217,-81.080518&spn=0.017913,0.042443&t=h

The Fords are the top right block of cars of this pic...
The line without cars is where they removed them all the previous day, and fill them in that night with new arrivals.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dayto...9.157989,-81.095957&spn=0.002295,0.005364&t=h
-Will

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Broncoska,

As far as I know its all battery and wrist, if its different I'd like to know cause I need a radius arm bracket for the passenger side. as for a ride Monday I would like too but I have to work Sun - Wed 8pm-7am. I'm at work now cause I had last Sun off and worked Mon-Thur this week. Thurs are a killer cause I have class Wed night from 6-9pm, I make up the time I was late on the back side of my shift. I was here till 9 am then had to be back at 8 pm. The problem is I got a 45min drive on each end of this, homework from class, am not used to nights (just started), and trying to sleep in the day sux but I gotta sleep sometime.

Only 1.5 hrs left of my shift then I'm off till Sun :chili:

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
87EBBronco said:
Zainy,
I just re-read my earlier post and it reads like I got a bur up my butt or something. Didn't mean to come off like that, sorry.

Jrd, last time I was at Cophers the only Ford truck, and I mean the only one, was a well picked over 87-91 F150 2wd. Thank goodness I was just looking for a wheel for a spare, there was one left. May have to swing by there again, see if anything new has come in.
a friend of mine was there about a month ago, and they had a couple 1 tons with 60/10.25s for like 400. he also got his solid 44 with everything except the brackets for 200. so they have stuff, you must have been at a bad time

1 - 20 of 23 Posts