Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

381 - 400 of 865 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Well we are moving on may first and because of that the month will be tight. But my wife and are up for may end of mayor the first weekend in June I think it the weekend of the 4th. But I really need to hit atleast one trail here. It will be my first so I'm a little nervous but excited you may need to be gentle with me and hold my hand guys.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Or bed-line the shit out of your rig :rockon
yeah yeah quit braggin.

Well we are moving on may first and because of that the month will be tight. But my wife and are up for may end of mayor the first weekend in June I think it the weekend of the 4th. But I really need to hit atleast one trail here. It will be my first so I'm a little nervous but excited you may need to be gentle with me and hold my hand guys.
so 2-4th weekend in may then?

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
just throwin this out there, the Florida Land Rover Club is doing a trail ride AND clean up in Osceola on May 21st. If im not working I'll be there, hopefully with the rover. I know the rangers in in Osceola can be a bit anal about things up there, volunteering for a cleanup would go a long way towards good forest relations.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Ya My wife is off so we can make it. Let me know if that works for everyone. I don't want you guys to think you have to plan around us. So ifit doesn't work then I will wait till next time. By the way does anyone have an extra cb antenna? I need one I can attach to my rear bumper.
you and me both. i got a crappy tv one hooked up to mine.
just throwin this out there, the Florida Land Rover Club is doing a trail ride AND clean up in Osceola on May 21st. If im not working I'll be there, hopefully with the rover. I know the rangers in in Osceola can be a bit anal about things up there, volunteering for a cleanup would go a long way towards good forest relations.
not a bad idea.

Later the better for me, I'm trying to get a motor in my truck.
time estimate?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hopefully in the next week or two, but if earlier works for everyone else go for it. I don't want to hold everyone up there is always next time right

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Hopefully in the next week or two, but if earlier works for everyone else go for it. I don't want to hold everyone up there is always next time right
if next week or two your hoping to have it done i think youll be ready.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I went to Monster Jam on Saturday, right accross from Ocala speedway when I was pulling in, a bunch of trucks (one was a Bronco) where pulling out of a trail accross the road. Anyone know what trail that is? It looked like they had been playing in some good mud. Maybe a future trail. I would be up for any weekend I just need a little notice so I can request it off from work.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
ill bet those Rover guys would love this place, i work in LA this is next to LAX. if you look closely in the garage you can see the Camel trophy trucks, sorry crappy BB pics.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
When I went to Monster Jam on Saturday, right accross from Ocala speedway when I was pulling in, a bunch of trucks (one was a Bronco) where pulling out of a trail accross the road. Anyone know what trail that is? It looked like they had been playing in some good mud. Maybe a future trail. I would be up for any weekend I just need a little notice so I can request it off from work.
If you go to google maps, you can see that trail, and some ponds back there.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts

I believe that would be Alpha Pit or A-pit. Its about the closest thing to rock climbing that we have except for Hard Rock ORV which coincidentally is right just south of A-pit on the same road

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
hey just out of curiosity why doesnt my rear diff cover have any bolts on it and why does it look like one solid piece, like the whole rear looks like on solid piece i cant tell what kinda rear end it is or how to open if i wanted to rebuild it. what the deal:banghead
its a ford 9" rearend. the housing is solid with a third member containing the R&P, carrier, and all applicable bearings in one unit. If you look on the front side of the housing you will see ~10 nuts holding the unit on, studs are pressed into the housing

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
ill bet those Rover guys would love this place, i work in LA this is next to LAX. if you look closely in the garage you can see the Camel trophy trucks, sorry crappy BB pics.

we've got our own shops here in FLA that crank out some wild stuff. I'll have to see if i can dig up a picture of my brother-in-law's old truck before he built his rover buggy. It was a Range Rover Classic on coilover fronts, 404 mogs, recentered H1s and 40" boggers.front exo. the rover buggy was a RRC frame with a tube body built around it, stock springs and long shocks on 36" swampers

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
so thats a good thing then right, cuz i was worried for a minute. like i said, first 4x4 and my first ford that i really took an interest in. so still learning. and is this type rear end typical on these trucks, thanks:thumbup

its a ford 9" rearend. the housing is solid with a third member containing the R&P, carrier, and all applicable bearings in one unit. If you look on the front side of the housing you will see ~10 nuts holding the unit on, studs are pressed into the housing

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
so thats a good thing then right, cuz i was worried for a minute. like i said, first 4x4 and my first ford that i really took an interest in. so still learning. and is this type rear end typical on these trucks, thanks:thumbup
Yea it's a very good thing. Those axles are usualy used in most customized 4x4's. They can deal with alot of power and they can handle 35 or bigger tires. Not sure what's the biggest they can handle though.

381 - 400 of 865 Posts