Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

401 - 420 of 865 Posts

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
so thats a good thing then right, cuz i was worried for a minute. like i said, first 4x4 and my first ford that i really took an interest in. so still learning. and is this type rear end typical on these trucks, thanks:thumbup
yes its a good thing. gear changes are simple as pie, just take the third member out and leave the housing attached to the truck. you can even keep spare thirds around in case of breakage, easy to swap out on the trail. unless you have a fire breathing motor, you can feel pretty comfortable running up to a 35-36" tire. Just be smart about the breakage pedal ( the skinny one on the right)

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
thanks man got them yesterday...they where just as desribed thanks again
i saw that same 4 door bronco style for sale here in titusville. i was tempted to buy it and when i stopped to look at it i saw the rust and lifted metal on the roof and the rust around rain gutters. so i had to walk away, but that four door bronco looks cool and would work for me more than my 78 bronco i have now. but ooo well

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
yes its a good thing. gear changes are simple as pie, just take the third member out and leave the housing attached to the truck. you can even keep spare thirds around in case of breakage, easy to swap out on the trail. unless you have a fire breathing motor, you can feel pretty comfortable running up to a 35-36" tire. Just be smart about the breakage pedal ( the skinny one on the right)
well that makes me happy then. i think i might clean it up and make it look pretty again. and then go get some mud on it one day who knows. but i was unaware of the type of rear it was cuz i was a chevy guy till i bought this beast. but i'm learning(slowly, but learning). thanks for the info . i appreciate it:rockon

·
Registered
244 Posts
i saw that same 4 door bronco style for sale here in titusville. i was tempted to buy it and when i stopped to look at it i saw the rust and lifted metal on the roof and the rust around rain gutters. so i had to walk away, but that four door bronco looks cool and would work for me than my 78 bronco i have now. but ooo well
yeah mine was the same way when they built them the used a lot of bondo on the top of the roof were it was welded together you think for what the price tag was sold for mine was close to $48,000 the could of done a better job..... you can learn more at www.fourdoorbronco.com the are head turner

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
yeah mine was the same way when they built them the used a lot of bondo on the top of the roof were it was welded together you think for what the price tag was sold for mine was close to $48,000 the could of done a better job..... you can learn more at www.fourdoorbronco.com the are head turner
well i like the look, different and yes definatly a head turner. sucks about the bondo though.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
topper

WWWWWWWWWEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL. my topper will be getting restored this weekend. the guy doing it is a fiberglass junky. he charged me a very reasonable amount. actually less than what i thought it would cost. so next week i get it back and paint it. im excited because right now its my biggest worry on the truck and i really didnt want to replace it.. to hard to find a decent one. anyone need some work done let me know i will run it by him. or you can wait till i get mine back and i can send out picks of before and after.:thumbup

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lots of rain=GOOD MUD!!! To bad my whole front end is tore apart in the driveway. By the way does anyone know where I can read about putting my axles back correctly? I read that when you pull them your supposed to mark them....I didn't do that, so I'm not sure what postion the u-joints are supposed to be in.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
the axle shafts themselves dont really matter, or at least I never had an issue with it. its the bearing caps in the diff that you need to mark along with the bolts as they are worn and stretched to fit that exact position.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does anyone have a spare spindle? My Bronco has been up on jacks for about a week and a half because I've been rebuilding the front-end, and my left spindle is stripped to all hell. I knew it was bad but I can't get the spindle nuts on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
While were making requests for parts, does anyone have a tailgate hatch? Mine came without one and im sick of hearing all the rattling.
Also, does anyone know any Junk Yards in CF that might have a bronco? I need a new fuel tank and fuel pump/sender module in the worst way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ya there is a white Bronco at U-pull it in G-ville that still has the tank, sender, and skid plate. It's also got stainless braided fuel line, but someone cut them up by the engine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe try for the first weekend in June so we can have a lot of us?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
While were making requests for parts, does anyone have a tailgate hatch? Mine came without one and im sick of hearing all the rattling.
Also, does anyone know any Junk Yards in CF that might have a bronco? I need a new fuel tank and fuel pump/sender module in the worst way.
There is cocoa auto salvage in brevard county. They have two or three broncos from 88 - mid 90's I believe. Not sure of the tank conditions but they are good at knowing what they have. Give them a call. I've been there once or twice for parts

401 - 420 of 865 Posts