Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

501 - 520 of 865 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Damn wish i could have made it. Boosted is that your bronco I saw on craigslist for sale?
yeah, probably. its one of those things if it sales it sales, if not, i will keep it. :thumbup

oh yeah, on the way home my trans decided that is didn't feel like taking off in first gear anymore. the damn governor might be sticking again. i probably should put a cooler on it also. but i have a ratchet shifter, so i can drive it like that if need be.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
wow, cant believe you found mud! the trails didnt look to narrow, were they worse than that ? how did you find good trails?
well we went through the forest on I10 without seeing any exits in the forest. so we took FR250 (AKA Big Gum Rd) and just dropped off onto a marked trail. the first pit was right by I10 and the second was on another trail after we crossed over I10. spot where the first pit was was pretty tight and so was the trail the second one was on. not too bad though.

Osceola is Definately a good off road area.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Those pics were front a wide area. Lol. My truck is black and now hates me. It is very scratched now.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
wow, so there really is no reason to drive an extra hour to go there vs. oseola then huh?

i deff want to go again, but with more sleep this time, hahaha.
There's more sand if ur into that kinda thing. Personal preference really.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
From what I can see here I think you two had a blast. So I couldnr make it. Some personal problems arose. Figures it would happen on a trail ride weekend. I'm a little upset about that to because right now my truck is very clean and shows no signs of getting dirty anytime soon. Glad you guys had fun. I'm jealous

·
Super Moderator
14,480 Posts
Great videos guys..:thumbup:thumbup From the looks of things it's 100x better than Ocala, and the fact that it's closer doesn't hurt either. Definitely need to schedule another one of these sometime over the summer and I'll make a point to be at that one!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I want to go again soon. The summer heat sucks though. I do see myself going a bunch when the weather cools off again.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
glad y'all found some fun stuff. next time, take the 90 exit for olustee and head west. turn right on CR250A towards Ocean Pond Campground, there are trails all over. or you go farther into lake city, take 41 north past the lake city off road park then turn right on Christy Rd ( im pretty sure thats it) head towards west tower and go through the campground, there is a waterhole called car wash on the trail that runs through camp, maybe 1/4 mi to 1/2 mi past camp. carwash is hard bottom sand but has a nice big drop in the middle, generally around bumper deep to over-the-hood deep when its wet

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you are going west on 90 its before the police/corrections academy about a mile before you get to the caution light but yea there is a brown sign that says ocean pond camp ground on the right

·
Registered
40 Posts
sorry forgot on 90 there isnt any caution lights lol its the other road coming off of 90 that has it. but yea the camp ground is about a mile before the gas station that does not sell freaking gas so be well fuelled up

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
bob, coming from lake city its just past the flashing light by the gas station which is well past the Pen. It's CR250A, im pretty sure there is a park sign marking the road and direction to the campground. boosted, I thought that bridge looked familiar. There is another place just south of I-10 a few miles from camp that consistently holds bumper deep water even in the dry. MY buddy in jax has the map, I'll have to have him scan me a copy so I have it on hand for the next run

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
we took I10 from walmart to 441. took 441 to cr250 (aka big gum rd) dropped off onto trails from there. eventually hit still road and crossed i10 there. drove on still road a ways then dropped onto trails again. look at it in google maps and it makes more sense.

501 - 520 of 865 Posts