Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

521 - 540 of 865 Posts

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
pfun, you were on a different road than Im talking about. If you look at the Google Map of Lake City, you will see 90 running to the east of town off of 441/47. Co Road 250/250A isnt big gum road, it runs along the eastern shore of Ocean Pond. CR 233 is big gum rd. post up when you plan on running out there again, and I'll see if I can gather up my rover guys and we'll make a weekend out of it.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
pfun, you were on a different road than Im talking about. If you look at the Google Map of Lake City, you will see 90 running to the east of town off of 441/47. Co Road 250/250A isnt big gum road, it runs along the eastern shore of Ocean Pond. CR 233 is big gum rd. post up when you plan on running out there again, and I'll see if I can gather up my rover guys and we'll make a weekend out of it.
on the map it said 250. on the street sign it said big gum. main think that need to be known is that theres no was to get to the forest straight from I10. we have to take hwy 90 or a different road. also i think we can meet closer to the forest. maybe sanderson or glen st mary.

anytime for me. just need about a week in advance so i can get my work done early.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
the best place to get to the forest is the exit im talking about, the olustee exit for SR 90. take that west until you hit the gas station on the flashing light, its a good place to meet for those who are not coming from jville. If you are coming from jax, the truck stop at baldwin ( 301/I-10) is a nice open place to meet and easy to get to, just a little drive from the forest (but who doesnt love a convoy?) When I go up there, I generally trailer my rig so I like to make a weekend out of it and camp at Ocean Pond campground which makes a nice base and has showers/bathrooms even laundry. LOTS of trails within a few miles of that campground and plenty of stuff to get you stuck and/or break your shit. if you wanna see videos of the what osceola really has to offer, go on youtube and look up " Howdmuhbeer " the red disco is on 35" boggers, the green range rover is on 404 mogs and 40" boggers, the tan foward control is on 40" IROKS, and the k-car is, well, a k-car

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
that damn k car simply wouldnt die! of course it did have custom full body skid plates, rebar front recovery points, custom axe-cut sunroof, and snorkel. it finally succumbed to a grenaded CV joint, but the motor kept running!

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
yes you can. night runs are some of the most fun, especially out there. its just easy to get turned around if its dusty and nobody has a map

·
Registered
742 Posts
awesome! its so damn hot during the day in the summer i figured it would be better to go in the evening.

·
Registered
40 Posts
im down for a night run if thats what ppl want to do and if everybody meets in baldwin and comes down 90 to the caution light in olustee i will def meet yall there

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,261 Posts
ah hell, wheeling in the dark is not bad. makes water seem deeper than it really is, and mud looks more makeable than it really is

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,614 Posts
Man, I gotta get out of South Fl. Maybe even outa Fl all together...

No Groups to M&G and most don't show when they say they will...

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Premium Member
4,772 Posts
yeah, that's always been a problem. About the only group I belong too that has a pretty reliable M&G is my Dodge group. Between Dodgetalk and Hemi Truck Club, we always seem to have a really good turnout for most of our GTG's.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well guys haven't been on here in a while, but gas prices finally beat me :whiteflag and I sold my Bronc :cry. In it's place I got a 98 Isuzu 4x4. It's not that bad. Def helps the wallet. Went from 8-10mpg to 30-32mpg. Still wouldn't mind riding with the club, if you guys will have me :toothless. Will get other one or at least a Ford pick-up but have it as a toy not DD.

521 - 540 of 865 Posts