Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 4 months ago i bought a R1A1 from a guy at work who needed some cash. he bought it new, had a muzzle brake installed, had a new "bridge " installed so he could mount a scope( cheap 3x9 simmons) and he had an army can with about 400 rounds of ammo and 2 clips(one new,one used). the gun has never been fired. i know some people like these guns and some don't. doesn't matter to me because i don't plan on keeping it. i gave 500 for the whole package. i am not trying to sell it here, just wondering if some of you gun people think i should be able to at least recoup my 500. was not looking to profit, but was just trying to help a friend. thanks for the input.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,686 Posts
Guns unfortunately are like cars, once their out of the showroom, they tend to start to lose value. Most guns are made in mass quantities. But with this gun, and what your asking, $500 doesn't seem to much.

Just out of curiosity, why won't you sell it here?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't get me wrong, if some one here wanted it i would probably sell it to them. but i really wanted some honest opinions about what to expect in selling it. the real purpose of the post was not to say"FOR SALE" because then everybody would say "post it in the for sale forum" and nobody would give me a straight answer.:thumbup

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
i googled up some sites...saw one with just the gun for 549...others with just gun for 599. i think 500 is just fine

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'd say it's worth it. I gave $600.00 for a preban (not that that matters any more) M1A1 Century. I'm very happy with it. Very accurate for not being one of the higher end (read colt or bushy) weapons too.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Check out auctionarms.com it's E-bay with recoil. You'll get all the information you need. Man I wish I didn't have to install my 6" inch lift and get some rims for my 36" TSL radials with my tax refund. A little off subject but it sucks when you pay 7,500 to uncle sam and get back $500, when the old lady paid in 2,000 and got back 5,000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts