Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
A buddy of mine has a dyno-jet at his shop. Usually trucks, especially ones with auto trannies and big tires, don't put down impressive numbers. There is just so much rolling resistance and drivetrain loss. I'll guess you didn't break 200 rwhp? or just barely?

Now Lightnings on the other hand I have seen some sick numbers out of.........

EDIT: I wouldn't be ashamed of the numbers, a lot of guys think they have waaaaay more ponies than reality. Dyno can be a sobering experience:doh0715:

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,717 Posts
post your results with info on your motor etc. this helps us get some sort of baseline in a sense. there will be variances to everyones engine but its nice to know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just post em, who cares about being a dyno queen anyway? It doesnt really mean squat and theres so many variables from location to weather to the operator.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
how many here have actually put their bronco on rollers. i don't want to post my results for embarrasment purposes, unless others come in with equal or lower numbers.
Someone probably has brought this up before but I cant see how this truck
survived the landing after this jump

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
Just post em, who cares about being a dyno queen anyway? It doesnt really mean squat and theres so many variables from location to weather to the operator.
well some people on this board do.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone probably has brought this up before but I cant see how this truck
survived the landing after this jump
? landed perfect. the only damage was a busted shock. bad ass huh. check out the dirt flying up over the hood. I have an 8x10 of that jump hanging in my den.

okay here goes with the dyno.
351 sb , edelbrock upper and lower intake, ford motorsport shorties, full msd ignition, 30 lb injectors, pro-m mass air, cat back, 4.56 gears, e4od power robber, 35 inch tires. I took it a while back for the dyno tune, and after it was all said and done it made just over 250hp and 350 ftlb of torque. oh yeah, and it runs 7 lbs of boost from a powerdyne blower.
i figured it should make 250 without the blower.
anyway, the guy told me that with my driveline angles, and tranny/t-case combo, and tire size, i'm prob loosing around 25% from fly wheeel to wheels

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
I ran mine in the 1/4 mile track it did an outstanding 19.4 seconds.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The stock heads are killing you. I bet the hp started falling off fast after 4000 rpms. If you even put a set of GT40 heads on you would notice a dramatic difference. If nothing else, grind out the EGR bumps in the exhaust ports.
i figure the heads were holding me back some. i thought about going with a set of gt40's. i want to stay with cast iron heads for sure though. if i could bump the compression just a bit that would help greatly too, perhaps just go with a smaller combustion chamber?

·
Registered
537 Posts
i figure the heads were holding me back some. i thought about going with a set of gt40's. i want to stay with cast iron heads for sure though. if i could bump the compression just a bit that would help greatly too, perhaps just go with a smaller combustion chamber?
no you don't need a smaller combustion chamber or compression, you have a blower. You just need a head that can flow more CFM than those E7's. GT40s will be better. You might be able to get some non emissions iron dart heads or something. I don't know as I've never looked in to non-emissions heads before as I always lived in northern virginia where we have emissions.

you could do a clevor too, but, it is a considerable amount of work, and you'll need a lot of new parts. If this is just a toy, it might be something to consider.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no you don't need a smaller combustion chamber or compression, you have a blower. You just need a head that can flow more CFM than those E7's. GT40s will be better. You might be able to get some non emissions iron dart heads or something. I don't know as I've never looked in to non-emissions heads before as I always lived in northern virginia where we have emissions.

you could do a clevor too, but, it is a considerable amount of work, and you'll need a lot of new parts. If this is just a toy, it might be something to consider.
my turbo coupe had around 9.5to1 compression with around 18 lbs of boost, so i figured that the stock 8.5 can be brought up some.
excuse my lack of understanding, but whats "clevor".

1 - 20 of 50 Posts