Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, my 90 bronco has a cracked axle pivot drop bracket, and upon further inspection, i have a nearly busted through leaf spring shackle, also something wrong with where my front swap bar mounts to my pas. side strut. and shot bushings here and there. also the PO had this chassis double/triple coated in some sort of chassis goop. looks like hell. rather then replacing the broken and re-doing the rest if not all the bushings the whole way around and lifting off the body to sand blast the chassis, would i be better off grabbing another chassis from a standard height bronco? or is there going to be alignment issues with body to chassis mating?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright, i got back from the pick yard, $150 for full chassis, minus tranny/engine/drive shafts. i seen a few in much better shape then mine, so this is the route im gonna go, am i only limited to 88-92? my FSB is a 1990 custom.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, ty for that info. i really don't want to deal with adjusting/fab'ing issues, ill stick within my yr range then. now for the next question. how heavy is the body after i remove front clip/doors/seats/carpet/topper? want to know because i wonder if 2x4 and or 4x4 constructed to keep the body suspended while i replace the chassis?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
80-91 and for 87-91 bumper to work on a 80-86 frame you need to drill 4 holes in the frame horns to mount the bracket, rest is the same, and 92-96 will work minus bumper(have to fab up bumper mounts), and have the accordian frame horns,

so 80-96 frame will work minus front bumper,

for lifting the body
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195232

i would use 4x4, 4x2 flex under the wieght as seen in this thread

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
80-91 and for 87-91 bumper to work on a 80-86 frame you need to drill 4 holes in the frame horns to mount the bracket, rest is the same, and 92-96 will work minus bumper(have to fab up bumper mounts), and have the accordian frame horns,

so 80-96 frame will work minus front bumper,

for lifting the body
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195232

i would use 4x4, 4x2 flex under the wieght as seen in this thread
actually i was thinking if i do manage this chassis swap, ill end up leaving it stock height. i have some serious plans for this rig. if only i can get other projects panned out. this will def turn out as a 1 of a kind, (i have yet to find a google image of my vision) FSB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts