Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the engine to chassis ground wire hard to get to? Where exactly should i look for it at.

THANKS

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
It's on the brace from the upper intake manifold to the head on the passenger side. It's pretty easy to get to.

(at least, on my `94 5.0, that's where it is)

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
On a 90 the neg battery cable goes from the battery to the front pass side of the block(lower front corner). Between the battery and block there is a section of the cables insulation stripped away and the bare cable is bolted down to the frame(also on the pass side).

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
RLKBOB said:
On a 90 the neg battery cable goes from the battery to the front pass side of the block(lower front corner). Between the battery and block there is a section of the cables insulation stripped away and the bare cable is bolted down to the frame(also on the pass side).

mine is in the same place.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I wonder if grounding the engine in multiple points with good connections actually will make a difference, a buddy of mine who does a lot of work on ricers says that he buys these little 25 dollar kits that give nice copper grounds to points all over the engine, and it ties into the ground block under the hood. He says that most pro's use 'em, and he doesn't actually know if they make a difference, but he puts them on anyways because all the nerds that bring their cars in like the extra "junk" under the hoods.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I dunno, he just gets paid to put the stuff on, and not ask questions.

Its a ricer thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts