Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up here to talk to the F.O.T.M. contestants so to not clog up the competition. Have a Question on one of the posts ? post up here and be sure to tag them with the "@" before his name.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,479 Posts
Do not have any specific questions...
However I like the idea of this as I would get discouraged looking threw multiple post quotes with pictures and see 2 pages of the same thing. Hopefully make for a better main thread. Or at the least easier to read threw.

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,240 Posts
Agreed

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,134 Posts
Yes I think @Quader1 hit this one out of the park. So with that said @jermil01 , how wide are those wheels? How have you over come the turning radius? Any issues with breaking knuckles, or did you change them over to Crane, Reid racing? Or do I have to wait :popc1: until you post up the answers:deal to those questions :shrug

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,820 Posts
Best part is I also found a second family here at FSB, made some great friends along the way. Hard to explain it, but you form a bond with other folks that drive Broncos, and as corny as it sounds owning a Bronco (or maybe it owning you) gets in your blood.
You hit the nail dead square on the head here!!

·
Super Moderator
14,526 Posts
Yes I think @Quader1 hit this one out of the park. So with that said @jermil01 , how wide are those wheels? How have you over come the turning radius? Any issues with breaking knuckles, or did you change them over to Crane, Reid racing? Or do I have to wait :popc1: until you post up the answers:deal to those questions :shrug
10 inch wide rims..I think. With this set up I have to mindful of my turning radius, they have a tendency to rub the R/A's pretty good in a tight turn.
knock wood no broken knuckles and they are stock. adding a set of the duff tubular arms is on my to do list.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,080 Posts
Happy Birthday to one of our contestants, @jermil01 !!!

Great contest fellas, it's looking real nice, and real real tough to choose a winner. Whore out those Broncos and lets all have a good time!

·
Super Moderator
14,526 Posts
Happy Birthday to one of our contestants, @jermil01 !!!

Great contest fellas, it's looking real nice, and real real tough to choose a winner. Whore out those Broncos and lets all have a good time!
Thanks man..all I want for my birthday is a FOTM win..that would be sweet...:thumbup

Whoring away as best I can..will probably run out of month before I run out of stuff to post...:toothless

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,080 Posts
@warhoss

I dig the darker tailgate panel, but there are ways of cleaning the original back up. I used an acid solution made for wheels, followed by mothers mag and aluminum polish. Sucker shined like a diamond in a goat's ass

·
Registered
123 Posts
@RicksBroncoBeast hows the mileage with your setup?
Mileage is great. I went from 11 MPG's to 16 MPG's. If I were to change the gears to 4.10:1 it would increase to about 20+. These engines are super torque monsters, even for their relatively small size cubic inch size.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@RicksBroncoBeast How in the world does the stock 8.8 not snap with a 4BT and all that compound gearing!!! You should change your name to "FeatherFoot"!
Not much of a feather...lol just fortunate so far. Even towing around that heavy Trailer Beast the 8.8 is holding up which is a testament to the 8.8... But I do know that they are the next week link that needs to be upgraded and I am going to be upgrading to 1 ton diffs in the near future. I think I am going to go with leaf-sprung front using Alcan springs for as much wheel clearance as possible. Alcan also offers what called an "orbit Eye" bushings that give a sick amount of twist for even more articulation...

https://www.alcanspring.com/

·
Super Moderator
14,526 Posts
Not much of a feather...lol just fortunate so far. Even towing around that heavy Trailer Beast the 8.8 is holding up which is a testament to the 8.8... But I do know that they are the next week link that needs to be upgraded and I am going to be upgrading to 1 ton diffs in the near future. I think I am going to go with leaf-sprung front using Alcan springs for as much wheel clearance as possible. Alcan also offers what called an "orbit Eye" bushings that give a sick amount of twist for even more articulation...

https://www.alcanspring.com/

been running alcans out back on my rig since I did my solid axle swap. think they changed ownership, at some point but I know they make a great product.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sweet. So SAS up front?
I Love the TTB which is why I invested so much in the TTB RCV axles. But now that I am upping the game, I really want the stability of the SAS. After researching all the designs at this point I have decided on the Leaf instead of the coil. Both have their pros and cons and in the end I may change my mind again, but I am pretty sure that the Alcon leafs are the way I want to go. I will also be doing a high steer with hydraulic assist. Unfortunately, I do not have a excessive amount of cash so I have to do one thing at a time. Right now I need to pay off the Atlas 4 t-case...lol. Then the axles...

1 - 20 of 184 Posts