Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

181 - 200 of 259 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,082 Posts
ok @JohnnyBronco86 - You appear to have finally gotten the pics to work. A few things to import.

1. This thread exists so contestants can use the main thread to show pics and tell their stories without interruption. That leaves this thread for those conversations between contestants and regular members. Point... this is NOT the place to show off your Bronco and get those votes.

2. We have a "testing" area for folks to work out there image sharing skills... so we don't end up with a big mess, like we have above. ;)
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/8-testing/

3. If you haven't, you really should read the rules here: https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/253426-*-rules-f-o-t-m-v2-0-*.html

4. If you haven't before, read through some of the older contests a bit to get a real feel for how this works and how folks win!

Apologies if I'm being redundant. You've been with us since '17 but with so few posts, it's hard to say what you've seen and done around here or what you haven't.
Good luck! Nice, clean FSB!!! :thumbup

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
@biggum That fab work on your Y-pipe looks much better and cleaner then my Bassani Y-pipe. Great fab work.

Also, I too prefer the spicer U-joints but was wondering why you prefer the sealed once opposed to the grease able ones? I'm guessing is just a matter of preference, but if there is a difference please share.

Thanks and keep up the great "show",
Allcruisen

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,425 Posts
spicer U-joints but was wondering why you prefer the sealed once opposed to the grease able ones?
The solid, non-serviceable ones are stronger, due to no holes through the center.

Reactions: allcruisen

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,425 Posts
@biggum how do you like that flowmaster scavenger y-collector? I have one on two vehicles and love it. Best flowing junction there is imo. I'll be putting one on my superduty too when I replace the cats that are throwing codes.

Also, a hydraulic jack as factory equipment?

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,344 Posts
@biggum That fab work on your Y-pipe looks much better and cleaner then my Bassani Y-pipe. Great fab work.

Also, I too prefer the spicer U-joints but was wondering why you prefer the sealed once opposed to the grease able ones? I'm guessing is just a matter of preference, but if there is a difference please share.

Thanks and keep up the great "show",
Allcruisen
Thanks @allcruisen - that’s a hell of a nice compliment about the pipe! My favorite part about it is that I was able to tuck it up to protect it from the rocks etc.

Regarding the joints, I buy into to argument that the non greasable Joints are stronger since they don’t have the centers drilled out like the greasers. They also have a different seal which is supposed to keep the water out and grease in. And the drivers just look like they are top notch quality and beef unless you want to shell out big $$$$ for the Yukon’s etc.

Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
@biggum how do you like that flowmaster scavenger y-collector? I have one on two vehicles and love it. Best flowing junction there is imo. I'll be putting one on my superduty too when I replace the cats that are throwing codes.

Hey @BigBlue 94 - the flowmaster was great to work with and made the job pretty easy. I wish I had a TIG and all that pipe was stainless since the winters here will rust it out in pretty quick order. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
@BigBlue94 as far as I know it’s factory.

The last photo is where the iron goes but I’ve got it out right now.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
@BigBlue94 as far as I know it’s factory.
@biggum Wow, I've never seen a Factory hydraulic jack on a Bronco, doesn't mean it's not. Are there any markings on the jack itself ?

Either way that is a nice setup.

Oh yeah and did you delete the AC, turn the AC compressor into an air compressor ?

Allcruisen

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
@biggum Wow, I've never seen a Factory hydraulic jack on a Bronco, doesn't mean it's not. Are there any markings on the jack itself ?

Either way that is a nice setup.

Oh yeah and did you delete the AC, turn the AC compressor into an air compressor ?

Allcruisen
Yes - I’ve removed the AC system - lots of hoses and clutter that I really don’t need here in Maine. I’ve considered using it as compressed but I have a CO2 air tank that works great right now.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,425 Posts
Hey @BigBlue 94 - the flowmaster was great to work with and made the job pretty easy. I wish I had a TIG and all that pipe was stainless since the winters here will rust it out in pretty quick order. Cheers!

I MIG'd mine, and the whole entire exhaust. Then treated it all to a couple coats of primer and 4 coats of VHT 1200° paint. Still looks good after 2500 miles. On exhaust pipes, the stuff works great. I've not had great success with painting headers though.

I've seen that tire iron holder in the JY, but never the jack or tools. Cool!

Reactions: allcruisen

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
Sure looks that way. It is definitely in a stock bracket - is that where a scissor jack would typically be?
Yes sir, but its more of a "step lift jack" then a scissor jack.

How's the one in the '85 ? I'm curious now if they had something with Sears back in the day as an option in Cali ???

Allcruisen

181 - 200 of 259 Posts