Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,661 Posts
@biggum Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like normal wear on the timing chain. Did you measure how much play it had?

Either way, I would change it being in that far into the tear.

Just was wondering if it had jumped or it was just normal wear .

Keep them pics comin in. 👍

Allcruisen

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,111 Posts
No, it hadn’t jumped, just trying to show wear at 160k miles. The new short block comes with a new double chain set on it.

Supposed to be here tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,014 Posts
Wait we’re spoda actually ask them things??? Damn it now I’ll have to work my brain a little harder!! Great idea nobody likes to read through 100’s of unrelated posts.... wait that’s mostly what I type!! :eek:
1399790D-8E53-4276-A8C6-B91A6688B64A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
@biggum Did you really use a cherry picker on the hood? Come on dude you ain’t got one drinking buddy that would help with a damn hood removal? Seriously so far with all the custom exhaust work your in the lead for my vote so far, let’s see if you stay there. Nice ride btw but your composition is looking pretty damn Bronco tough!!! Keep at it boys we like reading about your toys..... as long as there not synthetic rubber (not sure what there really made of) ;) Don’t ask don’t tell!!!:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
@biggum Did you really use a cherry picker on the hood? Come on dude you ain’t got one drinking buddy that would help with a damn hood removal? Seriously so far with all the custom exhaust work your in the lead for my vote so far, let’s see if you stay there. Nice ride btw but your composition is looking pretty damn Bronco tough!!! Keep at it boys we like reading about your toys..... as long as there not synthetic rubber (not sure what there really made of) ;) Don’t ask don’t tell!!!:ROFLMAO:
Too many drinking buddies - that’s the problem - wifey said enough!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Too many drinking buddies - that’s the problem - wifey said enough!

Then you got the wrong drinking buddies, mine provide MY 5th of Whiskey .... of course I weld and paint there projects for cost of materials. :ROFLMAO: ;)

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,661 Posts
@biggum I too wanted to ask why you didn't go with a one piece oil pan gasket ? I tawt they were better for withstanding leaks ???

PS Love the fact DoD is helping you out.

Thanks,
Allcruisen

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Yo @dash_cam what's that bracketed underneath the dash beneath your power point/ash tray? It looks like a CB speaker, but maybe not? Just curious.
it's a CB speaker. since my CB is tucked away in my console i'd never hear the speaker. so i have an external speaker there and then also a PA speaker under my hood.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
No particular reason on the cork. I think they work well if prep is good. If I was doing this from below in the bay I would have paid the extra for a one piece but where I had it out and clean I think it should be fine.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,661 Posts
@dash_cam Hi Joe, great show this Month ! I have to ask, I noticed you added an external filter for the trans., I am doing the same thing. One question, {it's kinda hard from the pictures to notice} did you run the pressure side of the transmission line {the forward line on trans.} to the in on the external filter or the return line?

Thanks and keep those pictures comin' brother,
Allcruisen

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
It a 3” pipe with a flowmaster 50. It’s definitely louder now then it was before the swap and heads. The idle is a bit high there, that was before the tunnng I’ve done, I’ll post another tomorrow with the current setup.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
@dash_cam Hi Joe, great show this Month ! I have to ask, I noticed you added an external filter for the trans., I am doing the same thing. One question, {it's kinda hard from the pictures to notice} did you run the pressure side of the transmission line {the forward line on trans.} to the in on the external filter or the return line?

Thanks and keep those pictures comin' brother,
Allcruisen

Also, @dash_cam did you insert the trans temp sender into the port on the drivers side near the linkage or did you run it in-line on a cooling line headed for the cooler?

alright, i had to double check what i did because i wasn't sure i remembered correctly. but it turns out i did. hahaha....
i installed the filter and sensor on the side coming out of the transmission. the temp gauge will show me the temps coming out (and therefore pretty close to inside) the transmission. and then the filter can filter the fluid before it goes into the cooler.
the sensor is on the mount. this is the best pic i've got. four ports. the line in goes into the top left. it goes out the top right. and then the temp gauge is in the bottom left port.

i'll mention this, too. i did the remote trans filter before i killed my transmission while mudding. the guy that rebuilt the transmission told me the filter was heavy as shit from catching the internals of the transmission shredding apart. and the cooler was flushed and did not need to be replaced. so all he did was replace the filter instead of the cooler.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
@dash_cam when you pulled your engine to reseal, what did you do about the A/C components? Did you disconnect them (and have to get it recharged later) or did you somehow move them out of the way without cracking it open?
it was a piece of cake. they moved over to the side out of the way. same thing when i did the reseal on the silver bronco, too.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,661 Posts
@biggum Love that you changed the color of your interior to a Custom color. I too did the same to my '84 but never took pictures :(

I wanna see more of the interior pics, Did you redo the seats also ? If so and are waiting to post up pictures later, I understand.

Thanks for a great show !

Allcruisen

201 - 220 of 242 Posts