Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,111 Posts
Thanks @allcruisen

The color has worked out pretty well. The sections of my door panels where arms ride were pretty much polished smooth and the plastic so old that it really would not scuff up when prepping. Those areas have worn through to the red again. At some point i may opt for some new door panels.

More to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
@dash_cam that locking hub mod on the tire carrier hinge is awesome. I love it. I would like to do that on mine somehow. Nice job and nice idea!
hey sorry buddy, i didn't see this before. i missed the alert.

thanks! i can't take too much credit, though. really, i can't take any at all. spktyr came up with that before i bought it. the main thing i changed on the bumper was the latch. otherwise we just implemented the concepts he already established. the tire mount is also from a factory mount.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,928 Posts
hey sorry buddy, i didn't see this before. i missed the alert.

thanks! i can't take too much credit, though. really, i can't take any at all. spktyr came up with that before i bought it. the main thing i changed on the bumper was the latch. otherwise we just implemented the concepts he already established. the tire mount is also from a factory mount.
Either way, I like it! So is it just a cut-off spindle shaft and cut-off rotor and all the bearings and internals from a normal hub I assume?

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Either way, I like it! So is it just a cut-off spindle shaft and cut-off rotor and all the bearings and internals from a normal hub I assume?
yea, pretty much.
here you can see the spindle. and it has wheel bearings in there and spindle nuts.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
@allcruisen I have not yet. I plan to go with a e-locker in front and a trac-loc in the rear with either 4.10’s or 4.56’s. That said, the truck is very drivable with the current 3.54 gears.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,928 Posts
@biggum make sure you keep checking on those bolts that hold the front lift brackets to the cross member. If they start getting loose, they will make the front end feel sloppy and also it will "oval" the bolt holes in the bracket and it will never be able to be tight again. That is what happened to mine - one bracket with slight ovalling on a bolt hole. I am having a local buddy of mine throw a couple tack welds around the bracket to reinforce it.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,661 Posts
@allcruisen I have not yet. I plan to go with a e-locker in front and a trac-loc in the rear with either 4.10’s or 4.56’s. That said, the truck is very drivable with the current 3.54 gears.
I'd say probably go with 4.56's I was talked out of the 4.56's to 4.10's and really regret not going with my gut feeling. Just do as much research as you can, it's not something you'll wanna redo if not happy.

With my 33's I like the 4.10's but with 35's, I know it could use the 4.56's

@biggum make sure you keep checking on those bolts that hold the front lift brackets to the cross member.
@MS88Bronc You beat me to it. :) I was gonna mention the same thing. I did re torque all bolts after 500 miles and now I check them at every oil change.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,349 Posts
I'd say probably go with 4.56's I was talked out of the 4.56's to 4.10's and really regret not going with my gut feeling. Just do as much research as you can, it's not something you'll wanna redo if not happy.

With my 33's I like the 4.10's but with 35's, I know it could use the 4.56's
I agree. I went with 4.56 and have 35's. I was considering 4.10's as a compromise as I have no OD, but went with 4.56 anyway. It gives a lot of low end grunt, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yes, I’m leaning 4.56 and in the truetrac not trac lock

This

And that

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,349 Posts
Yes, I’m leaning 4.56 and in thdd Ed truetrac not trac lock

This

And that

Right now broncograveyard is doing 10% off all orders until the 29th, which I'm sure you noticed on their site. Doesn't seem like much, but it would probably cover the shipping on all that stuff if you pull the trigger on it.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
i've got new 4.10s front and back plus new rebuild kits up in my attic. however, i am waiting to get my hands on a new front true-trac or equivalent worm gear limited slip. for the rear, i'll probably go with the same, but i already have the factory trac-lok so i go back and forth. may do gears and then later go back and do the rear limited slip.

however, i only have 31s and want 33s. if i was going 35 i'd do at least 4.56.

221 - 240 of 242 Posts